Internship: Information Management
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Your mission: Streamline and automate business processes to empower our colleagues to be as effective as possible.
What will you do?
As intern in the information management team you will focus on data and analytics. The mission of our team is to try to give the company the best insights possible so they can take action. We take care of the data infrastructure and make sure our data is of high quality. We help to build reports for business departments. Besides this we started implementing machine learning solutions on business related issues
An example of what you could work on in our team is:
- Sales forecasting
The Sales team at Sana currently does not have a tool to help them forecast sales based on their current sales pipeline. In this research project we would like you to develop a machine learning model to forecast the number of deals that we are going to make based on the sales opportunities that are currently in progress in our sales pipeline.
- Predict workload of the project team
For the project team at Sana it is very difficult to estimate how much time will need to be spent on a specific project, and on a specific part of the project. Next to that, run time of projects at Sana are highly unpredictable. Some projects might run really smoothly in the predicted timeline, others are stopped halfway and need a long time until completion. We would like you to research a way to predict the workload of the Sana project team and find tools to calculate the expected runtime of a specific project.
- Analyze the effectiveness of different marketing activities
To attract customers at Sana we need to spend time, effort and money on marketing activities. For example we run campaigns on LinkedIn or send emails and newsletters to prospects. However we don’t currently have a good way to assess the impact of those marketing activities on our desired outcome. The goal of this research is to create a systematic approach to evaluate the impact of our marketing activities on our KPIs.
About the team:
We always have IM Project time on Wednesday mornings, when we take 0 on-the-fly work and only work on projects that structurally improve the organization or our own team. Sometimes this results in short hack-a-thons to build a giant scoreboard (running on a raspberry pi) to keep score of new deals and partnerships, retrieving data from our CRM-system. We also try catch with an American Football on sunny days. On Wednesday we have the company tosti lunch, and on Fridays we usually go out for lunch with the team, anything from Kapsalon to Schmidt Zeevis. The IM team is also notorious for winning the most internal quizzes, bingos and other activities that are organized during the monthly drinks, but what else did you expect, after managing all that information? 😉
- Entrepreneurial internship: You get a lot of freedom and responsibility in our fast growing ambitious international organization
- International environment: Even though you work from our office in Rotterdam, The Netherlands - you are in daily contact with your colleagues and customer in Europe, North- and South America, Asia and Australia.
- Opportunity to stay: After your internship there is the opportunity to stay in a part- or full time position in e.g. sales, marketing, customer success or project management.
- Great opportunities for personal growth: you will learn on-the-job, but also with online training in our Sana University and E-learning.
- University student; e.g. Business Information Management or similar.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Available for 32-40 hours per week for at least 3 months.
We want to make sure that the internship caters to your needs, therefore the start date, duration and hours a week are flexible. If you want to do research to a specific topic within our company, that's no problem!
Are you interested? Let's get in touch!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.