Product Owner / Medical Scientist
- Lange Gasthuisstraat 29, 2000 Antwerpen, Belgium
Salvus Health is a digital health company on the mission to empower people to take control of their health by making medical innovations more accessible. One year since our incorporation, we have successfully validated a proof-of-concept and launched a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in the market. By January 2021, the solution has been installed in 25 community pharmacies in Belgium, our first paying customers, where our solution is live and where more than 1.000 users have successfully completed measurements.
The company is founded by experienced entrepreneurs - who among other things have started and scaled a company from inception to an exit - and it is supported by Blue Health Innovation Center, Startit @KBC, Barcelona Health Hub’s network and EIT Health.
We are currently looking to identify and recruit ‘up-and-coming’ talent eager to work and shape the future of preventive healthcare. The most exciting times are now starting!
Our Salvus Care platform is evolving constantly and at a very rapid pace. Today, the platform allows for self-measurements of 7 vital medical parameters and appeals to a wide variety of users. As a next step, we have identified the need of building specific products (e.g. ‘health programs’) on top of the platform to provide personalised support for well-defined user groups and address the needs of these segments.
The Product Owner will play a key role in the development of those Health Programs from conception to release, incorporating scientific knowledge into the Salvus Care platform and supporting our certification efforts as a medical device (EU MDR).
- You will be talking to different stakeholders (patients, doctors, pharmacists) to define product requirements and create (medically) relevant Health Programs.
- You will be leading validation activities involved with transitioning test prototypes into market-ready health programs.
- You will research and implement state-of-the-art technology into the platform.
- You will constantly search for new innovation opportunities in the medical field.
- You will carefully document the process (planning, timeline, budget, milestones, etc.).
- You will be working together with the founders and the technical team, aligning in the product roadmap.
What is expected from you?
We are looking for an individual who thrives in fast-paced environments, who has a solid background in healthcare, and wants to grow together with our ambitious team.
- Background: you have a scientific background and a Masters degree / PhD in Medicine, Bio-engineering, Biomedical engineering or similar.
- Experience: you are an expert in the field of preventive health and you have experience building products from scratch, or industrial experience in R&D in biotech or medical devices.
- Mindset: you have a strong bias to action, but you also have an eye for detail and a relentless pursuit of perfection.
- Attitude: you are entrepreneurial and work independently.
- Culture: you thrive in a culture of freedom and responsibility. You go the extra mile.
- Communication: you are an excellent communicator, also with non-scientific people (English is required, German or French are a plus).
What you can expect from us?
We are building a complementary team of experienced professionals and young, talented individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset, focused on problem solving and who share best practices from previous organizations and diverse backgrounds.
- Impact: unlock your potential and have a tangible and concrete impact on the development of our product, and more importantly, on people’s health and wellbeing. Build a tech-team that believes in these same ideals.
- Learning: become a key factor in our journey from MVP to complete product. Learn from experienced entrepreneurs who successfully scaled a tech company before.
- Culture: work in a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. We strive for open communication and full transparency.
- Responsibility: participate in strategic decisions and create your own ideal workplace.
- Location: come to our vibrant office in the heart of Antwerp or work remotely.
- Compensation: a competitive salary and equity possibilities.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!