Behavioral Health Provider
- 1635 Blue Spruce Dr, Fort Collins, CO 80524, USA
Since 1970, Salud has been committed to providing a Medical Home to patients, where medical, dental, behavioral health services, and clinical pharmacists work together and coordinate efforts in a team-based system of care. We strive to improve the quality of our patient's lives who would otherwise have limited access to health care. We serve all individuals regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
General Description of Duties:
As a Behavioral Health Provider (BHP) at Salud, you will approach your task in a team-based care fashion that supports patients and their families in self-management, self-efficacy, and behavior change. At Salud, you will provide behavioral health services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families while adhering to the spirit of the SALUD mission statement.
- Starting Annual Salary - $55,500 to $69,000
- Loan repayment potential - HPSA score 22
Comprehensive Benefits Package including:
- Medical (Includes Free Medical Services at All Salud Facilities)
- Dental (Employee Discounts at All Salud Dental Facilities)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 21 paid vacation days per year
- 10 Paid Holidays per year (includes 2 Floating Holidays and paid Birthday)
- 8 Paid accrued Sick Days per year
- Financial and time-off reimbursement for continuing medical education
- Retirement savings plans
- Employees working at least 1,000 hours within a 12-month period are eligible for the Defined Contribution Pension Plan. Salud will contribute 5% of your base salary each month
Our Mission is to provide a quality, integrated health care home to the communities we serve
Works under the direct supervision of the Center Director and the Director of Integrated Services & Psychology Training.
If licensed, may supervise behavioral health trainees as assigned.
- Assesses patients to determine the appropriate level of treatment in accordance with relevant ethical and legal standards.
- Provides services appropriate to the age-specific needs of all patients in accordance with the principles of growth and development for infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric life cycles.
- Conducts mental health screenings utilizing standardized instruments.
- Provides PCP-initiated consultation services that may include differential diagnosis, psychoeducation, brief intervention, referral for further treatment, etc.
- Consults with and advises other health care team members on methods of assisting patients and their families in overcoming social and emotional difficulties which may prevent effective health care.
- Works in conjunction with Medical Providers, Dental Providers, and all other staff to ensure that patients obtain the highest standard of integrated health care.
- Acts as a patient advocate for our vulnerable population by ensuring that the patient is fully informed and comfortable with their visit to SALUD.
- Follows procedures for the electronic health records system.
- Manages psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute diseases.
- Provides psychotherapy to individuals as well as groups.
- Facilitates groups in parenting, marital relations, and/or stress management.
- Creates written material for use in psychoeducation of patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Masters or doctoral degree in psychology, counseling, clinical social work, psychiatric nursing, or equivalent.
Prefer 2 years post-licensure treating patients with psychosocial issues.
Licensed by the State of Colorado.
Bloodborne Pathogen Risk Level:
Low risk for bloodborne pathogens
- Required prolonged sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer terminal, telephone, calculators, photocopier, and other office equipment.
- Normal Medical and Dental office environment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record data electronically and communicating with patients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fluency in Spanish and English required.
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Must work well with the other patient care team members.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate assessments of mental and behavioral health conditions.
- Ability to collaborate with medical providers in the treatment of psychosocial issues.
- Sensitivity to low-income and ethnic minority communities a must.
Salud Family Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As required by Public Health Order, all Salud Family Health Centers employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. The only exceptions to being vaccinated are verified and approved medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.