Aurora Community Health - Outreach Coordinator
- 562 Sable Blvd, Aurora, CO 80011, USA
Since 1970, Salud Community Health Center has been committed to providing a Medical Home to patients, where medical, dental, behavioral, and additional health services are provided in a team-based system of care. We strive to improve the quality of our patient's lives who would otherwise have limited access to health care. We serve all individuals regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
In 2018, Salud and the University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus formed a unique partnership currently called the Aurora Community Health Commons (ACHC) with a vision to ‘Build health, wealth and well-being of Aurora residents.’ A cornerstone of the ACHC project is to achieve the vision through the provision of innovative, comprehensive, and expanded clinical services in a new community health center called, Aurora Community Health (ACH).
Today, the ACH clinical site is a temporary integrated primary care clinic that will transition to a permanent location in Aurora by 2023 serving approximately 24,000 patients. The permanent site will bring together the current Salud Community Health Center’s primary care model and an innovative model to expand programs in primary medical care, specialty care, education (both health professions students and primary care residents), and services to address social determinants of health.
We’re seeking an Outreach Coordinator who has the drive and passion to support the growth of an innovative clinic at Aurora Community Health (ACH), a federally qualified health center (FQHC) in Aurora, Colorado.
5 day work week – Monday to Friday – 8 am to 5 pm (must be available for evening and weekends)
- Starting Wage - $20.55 - $23.63 per hr.
Comprehensive Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic Life and AD&D, Supplemental Life and AD&D, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Generous vacation accrual
- 9 Paid Holidays per year (including a Floating Holiday and paid Birthday)
- 8 Paid accrued Sick Days per year
- Retirement savings plans
Employees working at least 1,000 hours within a 12-month period are eligible for the Defined Contribution Pension Plan. Salud will contribute 5% of your base salary each month.
Our Mission is to provide a quality, integrated health care home to the communities we serve.
The Outreach Coordinator shall approach their tasks in a team-based-care fashion that supports patients and their families in self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change.
They will adhere to the spirit of the SALUD and ACHC mission while performing assigned duties.
Supervised by the Associate Center Director
- Work directly with the ACH operations team to develop the strategic plan to grow patient volumes, track and monitor relevant ACH trends (i.e. patient volume) and own progress towards helping to meet goals
- Take primary responsibility for implementing strategic growth plans for patient volumes.
- Organize and perform outreach at community events, including providing education on Salud’s services and health coverage options and scheduling enrollment visit appointments. Monitor and evaluate outreach activities to ensure ACH is as strategic as possible in meeting outlined goals (ie. patient volumes)
- Develop partnerships with other community organizations to increase awareness, access, and resultant primary care patient enrollment at ACH
- Provide excellent, unbiased, and culturally appropriate customer service to the community
- Maintain a secure and trusting environment in all work environments including when working from home, out in the community, or at a clinic by not sharing information learned on the job except when necessary as determined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Works in conjunction with Medical Providers, Medical Support Staff, Enrollment Specialists, Customer Service Associates, and all other staff to ensure that patients obtain the highest standard of integrated health care
- Acts as a patient advocate for our vulnerable populations by ensuring that patients are fully informed and comfortable with their visit to Salud
- Adheres to all standards, protocols, and laws surrounding patient confidentiality
- Follows procedures for the electronic health records system
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate’s Degree or two years towards a BS or BA preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Experience forming community partnerships and/or performing outreach preferred, especially familiarity with Aurora
Bilingual English/Spanish required
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Outlook, and internet use and research
- Ability to prioritize tasks and pro-actively problem-solve barriers to meet goals
- Ability to maintain a positive professional demeanor and provide excellent customer service to clients, partners, and coworkers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess sensitivity toward the needs of others
- Must be a self-motivated, pro-active, and independent worker
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Must work well with the patient care team
- Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a must
- Access to reliable transportation
- Background check required
Salud Family Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.