- 203 S Rollie Ave, Fort Lupton, CO 80621, USA
Since 1970, Salud has been committed to providing a Medical Home to patients, where medical, dental, behavioral health services and clinical pharmacists work together and coordinate efforts in a team based system of care. We strive to improve the quality of our patient's lives who would otherwise have limited access to health care. We serve all individuals regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
General Description of Duties:
- Responsible for the management of all external referrals that occur at each assigned site
- Referral Coordinator approaches his/her tasks in a team based care fashion that supports patients and their families in self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change.
- Adheres to the spirt of the SALUD mission statement while performing assigned duties.
Works under the supervision of Referral Coordinator Manager
- Following protocols for the creation, management and addressing of all external referrals as assigned
- Works in conjunction with Medical Providers, Dental Providers, Behavioral Health Providers and all other staff to ensure that patients obtain the highest standard of integrated health care.
- Acts as a patient advocate for our vulnerable populations by ensuring that patients are fully informed and comfortable with their visit to SALUD.
- Follows procedures for the electronic health records system
- Monitoring the referral coordinator bucket list to ensure that site referrals are assigned to the correct entity (Behavioral Health, Dental, Care Managers)
- Sharing resources with other Referral Coordinators as well as within their home clinics
- Creating/Maintaining a Referral Source Book of local specialists
- Managing Referral Coordinator Bucket
- Clearing backlog of referrals
- Requesting new Referral Providers/Specialists to be added to, or deleted from, eCW referral list
- Working with Medical Records personnel to manage incoming documents: assigning them to referring PCP and Addressing referrals
- Serving as a liaison between Salud and area specialists’ offices to maintain positive relationships, and to encourage good communications
- Serving as a liaison between patients and specialists’ offices, and between patients and their own insurance groups
- Maintain documents required for referrals, PARS and releases
- Informing providers and MSS staff on correct SOP concerning referrals
- Other duties as assigned (many special projects)
Qualifications for Appointment:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient with common types of office software including EMR
- Strong communication skills, including accuracy in typing and spelling and good telephone etiquette
- Must work well with the other patient care team members
- Ability to learn and understand basic medical terminology, including medical acronyms and Dx codes
- Strong research skills (to search out and/or confirm information regarding specialists’ offices, insurance information, etc.
- Bilingual-Spanish/English required
Graduation from High School or equivalent
Experience: One-year general office experience desired
Bloodborne Pathogen Risk Level: Low risk for blood borne pathogens
Normal Medical and Dental office environment
Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record data electronically
And communicating with patients. Requires sitting for long periods. Requires ability to work under stressful or emergency situations with high concentration and energy level
Salud Family Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.