IT Support Technician I
- 203 S Rollie Ave, Fort Lupton, CO 80621, USA
Since 1970, Salud has been committed to providing a Medical Home to patients, where medical, dental, behavioral health services and clinical pharmacists work together and coordinate efforts in a team based system of care. We strive to improve the quality of our patient's lives who would otherwise have limited access to health care. We serve all individuals regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
General Description of Duties:
The IT Support Technician I approaches his/her tasks in a team based care fashion that supports patients and their families in a self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change. Adheres to the spirit of the Salud mission statement while performing assigned duties.
Provides direct support to the customer via help desk phones and by going onsite to all Salud locations to resolve routine and advanced hardware, software, application, telephone, audio visual and network issues according to provided processes and procedures. Is the primary help desk IT resource and is secondarily dispatched to resolve tickets that cannot be resolved remotely. Helps to manage assets and purchases of IT hardware and software.
Vice President of Information Technology
- Answer and screen all incoming telephone calls from clients, and escalate appropriate calls to senior team members.
- First responder to requests, breakages, or usage difficulties received via help desk phone, email, or help desk ticketing system.
- Identify and solve computer hardware and software problems on the telephone and in person (as needed).
- Assist users with logon and password issues
- Open help desk tickets with vendors as required.
- Uses industry standards to document and communicate change control to VP of IT.
- Ability to maintain a positive and supportive attitude when understanding and dealing with customer concerns, emotions or characteristics.
- Works in conjunction with Medical Providers, Dental Providers, Behavioral Health Providers and all other staff to ensure that patients obtain the highest standard of integrated health care
- Acts as a patient advocate for our vulnerable populations by ensuring that patients are fully informed and comfortable with their visit to SALUD.
- Follows procedures for the electronic health care system
- Responsible for the timely update, resolution, and closure of all open customer tickets assigned to this person.
- Maintains a high standard of customer service and satisfaction.
- Works on assigned problem tickets as required by the VP of IT
- Display excellent technical troubleshooting, judgment, and prioritizing always considering the needs of Salud as an organization.
- Effectively and professionally communicates, verbally and in writing, with other Salud personnel as necessary to perform job functions.
- Assists in the development and documentation of department standards as directed.
- Participates in department-based activities and initiatives to improve and ensure a safe environment.
- Participates in performance improvement activities; quality improvement and patient safety activities.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel so classified.
- Participates in decisions about ordering and tracking technical supplies, distributes materials and files documents as necessary.
- Responsible for setting up new employees in IT and orienting them to the system.
- Provides other support to the department as requested.
- Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
within the healthcare IT/IS industry.
High level capacity for computer, telephonic, and network technology and troubleshooting.
Creativity and latitude is required as well as a strong degree of self-motivation and the
ability to be self-directed to effectively perform job functions.
The ability to prioritize tasks, pay attention to detail, and be versatile in an ever
changing environment is critical.
Must work well with other patient care team members
Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a must. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Experience with ITIL best practices
Requires a high school diploma and / or certification in a related technical area. Experience on the job may be a substitute for the required education.
CompTIA A+ preferred.
1-2 years of experience working with a practice management, E.H.R., AD domain networks and enterprise IT systems preferred.
Valid Colorado Driver’s License
Blood borne Pathogen Risk Level:
Low risk for blood borne pathogens
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, stretching, and crawling on the floor. Requires lifting up to 30 pounds and walking and pushing and / or pulling computers off desks, floor and shelves. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eye sight to record data electronically, and communicating with patients.
Salud Family Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.