Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- 5995 Iris Pkwy, Frederick, CO 80530, USA
Since 1970, Salud has been committed to providing a Medical Home to patients, where medical, dental, behavioral health services and clinical pharmacists work together and coordinate efforts in a team based system of care. We strive to improve the quality of our patient's lives who would otherwise have limited access to health care. We serve all individuals regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
General Description of Duties:
At Salud, our Physician Assistants & Nurse Practitioners approach their tasks in a team based care fashion that supports patients and their families in self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change. As a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner at Salud, you will perform routine clinic operations, take histories and make physical assessments, all the while adhering to the spirit of the SALUD mission statement..
Works under the supervision of the Physician and Medical Director
Supervises and provides education to any assigned personnel.
- The PA or NP acts as a patient advocate for our vulnerable populations by ensuring that patients are fully informed and comfortable with their visit to SALUD.
- Follows procedures for the electronic health records.
- Ability to work well with supervising physician, recognize limitations and seek help from MD/DO when necessary.
- Takes history, does physical assessments, obtains and monitors appropriate lab data, determines psychosocial needs and treatment management according to clinical protocol with physician collaboration/referral. Enters all information into the electronic health system.
- Maintains charts and follow-up including acute illness and injury such as URI, vaginitis, lacerations, soft tissue injury; Chronic diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, obesity, and health maintenance such as routine pelvic, pap and breast exam, immunizations, well-child care, contraception, screening physicals for sports, insurance, etc.
- Collects lab specimens.
- Performs EKG and pulmonary function testing, assures patient flow, and assists physicians with exams and tests.
- Provides medical services appropriate to the age-specific needs of all patients in accordance with the principles of growth and development for infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric life cycles
- Interprets community services to families as well as making referrals of patients to other agencies, doctors, social services, food stamps, social security, University Medical Center, etc.
- Establishes programs for health maintenance including pap smears, detection of blood pressure or urine glucose, immunizations, contraception, VD control, pre-natal care, human sexuality, TB screening, and blood donor programs.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in medical care and attends professional and community health care activities as often as is feasible.
- Initiate follow-up or arrange transportation with the Outreach Department for patients requiring follow-up care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to speak Spanish strongly preferred.
- Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a must.
Completion of a certified PA or NP program with state and national certification as evidenced by a certificate of Physician’s Assistant status by National Commission on certification and testing by State Board of Medical Examiners.
Three to five years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner /Physician’s Assistant preferred.
Possess a PA or NP license in good standing in the State of Colorado.
Bloodborne Pathogen Risk Level:
High risk for bloodborne pathogens
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or irregular hours. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record data electronically and communicating with patients.
Salud Family Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other applicable status protected by federal, state, or local laws. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.