Senior CloudOps Engineer (Remote)
- Austin, TX, USA
Better Engineers. Better Results. SalsaMobi connects accomplished Software Engineers across the Americas with our portfolio of high-growth and newsworthy technology companies in the United States.
We are seeking a Remote Senior CloudOps Architect to join a U.S. based distributed team of senior engineers to automate cloud infrastructure, accelerate development, build tools and work as a key member of our small, high-end Cloud Ops team. This is a highly visible and impactful role to the SalsaMobi client.
We are looking for someone with the ability lead and be hands-on while possessing a high standard of excellence, solid written and verbal communication skills, have a strong customer focus, and capable of technical deep-dives into operating systems, application performance, databases, load balance.
- Provide oversight of a number of hosted Linux and Windows systems, databases, network troubleshooting, and providing various technical solutions to the business.
- Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale.
- Design and develop reusable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, etc.
- Lead the establishment and configuration of infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time.
- Guide the development of automated DevOps delivery/deployment model to enable the continuous release of software into cloud environments. Develop and maintain automation procedures to assist with infrastructure automation
- Lead and drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand-based auto-scaling.
- Lead the adoption of DevOps and best practices in culture, code health, testing, monitoring, alerting and maintainability
- Oversee existing processes & tools and implement changes for better efficiency.
- Provide detailed guidance for development teams in tool training and troubleshooting
- Lead and oversee the development, documentation and installation, provisioning, security and configuration procedures
- Lead all on-call rotations as needed
- 10-12 years of relevant industry experience
- Expert understanding of public cloud providers, AWS preferred
- Strong experience with containerization and Kubernetes
- Strong experience with monitoring, analysis, and alerting tools
- Linux/UNIX admin experience
- Solid understanding of networking, routing, firewalls, vpn, SSL
- Proficient in at least one scripting language, Python preferred
- Expert understanding of automation and configuration management tools
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, terraform preferred
- Expert on Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Keen attention to detail and industry best practices pertaining to privacy and security
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.