Senior Android Engineer (Austin, TX)
- Austin, TX, USA
Better Engineers. Better Results. SalsaMobi connects accomplished Software Engineers across the Americas with our portfolio of high-growth and newsworthy technology companies in the United States. Senior Engineers in the SalsaMobi network work remotely with some of the most interesting tech companies in the world. Join us today and experience a life where talent has no borders.
Join a hot Austin startup with strategic investors from Austin and Silicon Valley!
We are seeking a full-time Senior Android Engineer, working in Austin, TX, to join a U.S. based distributed team of senior engineers to deliver market-leading software solutions. We are offering a competitive salary and an equal opportunity employer.
- Lead the development of software with real users
- Adhere to agile development best practice
- Demonstrate a passion for learning and building cutting-edge applications
- Implement unit tests using test-driven development (TDD)
- Implement and refactor using relevant design patterns
- Mentor other engineers
- Proactively learn and implement new best practices
- Manage expectations by communicating regularly
- Code review pull requests in a CI / CD environment
- Review requirements and provide input
- Collaborate with the engineering team to suggest, design and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Java and/or Kotlin
- Building Android applications from scratch and libraries that can be shared across applications
- Delivering apps to the Google Play Store
- Android frameworks, tools, and techniques
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- Strong administrative/organizational skills (ability to effectively prioritize, manage time, and meet deadlines on multiple projects).
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required
Nice to have:
- Cross-platform mobile app development (iOS)
- React Native
- Experience working with North American software companies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.