Front-End Web Developer (Remote)
- Austin, TX, USA
Better Engineers. Better Results. SalsaMobi connects accomplished Software Engineers across the Americas with our portfolio of high-growth and newsworthy technology companies in the United States. Engineers in the SalsaMobi network have the opportunity to work with some of the most interesting tech companies in the world, getting a behind the scenes look at how these companies work without having to commit multiple years to the same project or code base. Join us today and experience a life where talent has no borders.
Our client is seeking an experienced Front-End Web Developer to work remotely and help build amazing apps using the latest tools and technologies.
- Build and maintain web apps and open-source libraries to be shared across projects.
- Write high-quality code, ensuring excellence with unit tests when appropriate.
- Collaborate with developers, testers, project managers, product managers, and project sponsors.
- Communicate tasking estimation and progress regularly to a project manager through appropriate tools.
- Work in an Agile-like, iterative development process.
The ideal candidate will have experience working remotely with U.S. teams with proficiency in verbal and written English and comes from a background in web development, having spent at least 4 years building products for the web. Other qualifications include:
- Able to work during North American business hours.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (PostCSS, Sass, Less, etc.).
- Able to manage robust testing & workflow automations (Gulp, NPM, Rollup, Mocha).
- Familiar with creating custom visualizations using D3 or similar SVG libraries.
- Demonstrate good design and UX sensibilities
- Experience with the React ecosystem.
- At least 4 years of professional software development experience. B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science may be considered toward professional experience.
- Penchant for learning new technologies, balanced with strong pragmatic thinking.
- Proficient with version control and effective collaborative development workflows.
- Able to quickly fix bugs and solve problems in large, complex apps.
- Design-minded attention to detail in user interface implementation.
- Back-end development experience considered a plus.
Only candidates from U.S., Canada, Caribbean, and Latin America will be considered for this role.