CDD - Nordic Marketing Coordinator, USA W/M - SALOMON
- Vermont, IL 61484, USA
- Department: Marketing
Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Suunto, Wilson and Precor.
“The Mountain Sport Company”, Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Salomon’s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in bindings, boots, skis and apparel for both Alpine and Nordic skiing and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for snowboarding, adventure racing, mountaineering, hiking, trail running, and many other sports.
Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain products. Diversity is one of Salomon’s five values, therefore we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Salomon is headquartered in Annecy, France.
We are looking for a Nordic Marketing Coordinator W/M.
- Responsible for executing the USA Nordic marketing mix with support responsibilities for Eastern Canada
- Own the localization and execution of the Nordic Marketing Initiatives for the category
- Act as the hub for all aspects of the Go-to-Market marketing mix with an emphasis on: Media Relations, New England Clubs and Federations, Ambassadors and Consumer Engagement
- To create outstanding consumer experiences that amplify the brand and category performance in the region
You will work in close collaboration with our local marketing team to define toolbox requirements.
You will day to day report directly to the Commercial Director- Nordic, ASA. Direct Report: Salomon Community Marketing Manager, USA.
- Support Brand Activation in New England:
- Execution of fully integrated, consumer facing programs and drive key brand marketing initiatives/concepts in alignment with commercial plan; e.g. community/sports marketing, events, branded space activation, PR, etc.
- Commercial Strategy:
- Support the commercial and marketing teams to achieve the seasonal commercial objectives in the country.
- Budget Management:
- Plan and manage the annual marketing budget as directed by the brand director in ASA, in alignment with the commercial management team (who own the P&L).
- Manage and track invoices ensuring programs are within budget.
- Sports and Community Marketing:
- Support the Nordic Race Manager (USA) in all athlete and ambassador collaboration/ activation in New England. Order gear, provide service, stay on budget.
- Work with the team to support major events, coach sales programs, race nights, etc.
- Manage NENSA partnership.
- Summer activations- roller ski races as requested.
- Other projects as needed
- In Store Excellence (ISE):
- Partner with ISE Marketing and Tech Reps to drive in-store excellence and effective training.
- Manage and execute Key Account coop plans.
- Reporting, photos, sell through information on SLAB Center and Premium Partners.
- Marketing Communications: Brief in-house and external marketing services teams on the creation of industry leading Nordic content (assets for distribution).
- Public Relations: Creation and execution of seasonal PR plans that place Salomon Nordic products and brand stories into relevant consumer and trade media channels. Ship gear, manage budget, tracking.
- Media Relations: Maintain outstanding relationships including regular and proactive communication with top endemic media outlets and influential media people.
- Key Business Drivers:
- GTM Key Business Drivers / KPIs / Targets as defined with the Commercial Management. All marketing programs/plans need to be linked to these KBDs and are focused on reaching the defined targets.
- Monitor, evaluate and report marketing plan against targets specific to the Nordic Marketing Dashboard.
- Brand KPIs/ Marketing ROI: Build, track and report results relative to brand and commercial priorities.
- Ambassador Engagement
- On-time activation/implementation
- In-store Excellence Targets (S/LAB Centers)
- Consumer Contacts (acquisition)
- # of events and event participation
- Budget management and monthly reporting
Temporary Contract, Full Time
15% Domestic Travel, 10% Eastern Canada
Job based in New England, USA