CDI - Master Data Manager W/M- Winter Sports Equipment
- Annecy, France
- Department: Logistique & Supply Chain / Logistics & Supply Chain
Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Suunto, Wilson and Precor.
“The Mountain Sport Company”, Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Salomon’s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in bindings, boots, skis and apparel for both Alpine and Nordic skiing and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for snowboarding, adventure racing, mountaineering, hiking, trail running, and many other sports.
Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain products. Salomon is headquartered in Annecy, France.
We are looking for a Master Data Manager Winter Sports Equipment W/M to:
- Be responsible for the implementation of the global master data strategy and to provide support to the business by guiding maintenance of material Master Data in accordance with the Winter Sports Equipment goals and objectives. The position will provide support to the business by assisting in and leading master data related projects. The Master Data Manager will initiate efforts to increase data quality, efficiency and will participate in enhancement opportunities within the master data space.
You will report directly to the Head of Sales Controlling & Sales Operations
- Facilitate regular exchange and strategic reviews between brands and shared platforms (IT, SAP, OPS, GTM, etc.)
- Act as first contact and networker in terms of master data for the category (brands and transversal functions)
- Implement standards, rules and principles as related to master data management on category level (in alignment with global MD)
- Identify critical areas and develop risk mitigation plans as related to master data management (e.g. know-how transfer, system, etc.)
- Identify, develop and implement processes to maintain high-quality data assets supporting the business in providing quality data, ensuring data consistency, accuracy, and accessibility
- Facilitate regular trainings and best practice sharing across users and key-stakeholder
- (in-/outside the category)
- Understand and visualize the interactions in between systems as well as the link in between in-and output (end-to-end)
- Drive transparency based on workflows, working instructions, up-to-date documentation, etc.
- Act as central contact with regard to all RFC (requests for change) on PLM systems and MD effecting the category (prioritization)
- Act as a liaison between the business and IT support staff providing technical solutions that fit the business needs and structure
- Propose and execute master data enhancements to achieve more efficient, accurate data
- Facilitate and host continuous feedback and improvement session with key-users (heavy users) inside of Winter Sports Equipment
- Drive and support the continuous improvement process of systems, interfaces, workflows and data quality
- Develop the know-how and expertise of the category in master
Needed Work Experience: Knowledge and Understanding of large and complex data bases, with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree with business or data-related focus (Information Systems)
Knowledge of master data management concepts and approaches
Strong project and time management skills with attention to detail with excellent follow-through
Leadership skills with the ability to influence non-hierarchical, cross-functional work groups to drive to consensus on definitions and data usage
Excellent communication skills in a multicultural organization
Able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines
Analytical experience with high aptitude for research, analysis and problem solving skills
Proactive to challenge the status quo and to recommend innovative solutions
Foreign Language(s): Fluent English skills required, German and French skills an advantage
Permanent Contract, Full Time
Location can be Altenmarkt, Annecy or Munich