CDI - Arc'Teryx Footwear Range Designer W/M - FOOTWEAR
- Annecy, France
- Department: Design
Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Suunto, Wilson and Precor.
“The Mountain Sport Company”, Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Salomon’s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in bindings, boots, skis and apparel for both Alpine and Nordic skiing and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for snowboarding, adventure racing, mountaineering, hiking, trail running, and many other sports.
Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain products. Diversity is one of Salomon’s five values, therefore we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Salomon is headquartered in Annecy, France.
Amer Sports est le leader mondial des équipementiers du sport avec les marques Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Suunto, Wilson et Precor.
Salomon SAS, « The Mountain Sport Company », est née en 1947 au cœur des Alpes et berceau de l’alpinisme moderne. Grâce à la passion du sport et un design innovant, Salomon a créé une vaste gamme de nouveaux concepts révolutionnaires en fixations, chaussures, skis et vêtements pour le ski alpin et nordique et a pu apporter des solutions innovantes dans le footwear, et les équipements pour le snowboard, la compétition, l’alpinisme, la randonnée, le trail running and bien d’autres sports.
Au travers de cette orientation vers la performance, Salomon innove et excelle sur les sports de montagne, en convertissant de nouvelles idées en produits et en repoussant les limites du possible. L’engagement, la culture et l’héritage de Salomon sont tous liés par un simple concept : chaque salarié peut faire de Salomon la marque de montagne de référence. La diversité est l'une des cinq valeurs de Salomon, c'est pourquoi nous nous engageons à créer un environnement accessible à tous.
Le siège de Salomon est basé à Annecy (74), France.
We are looking for an Arc'Teryx Footwear Range Designer W/M to:
- Create autonomously Designs / products from the marketing brief
- Contribute to the Design strategy and ensure the product design of the range in coherence with the vision of the Vancouver based brand
- Steer internal and external resources if needed
As Senior Footwear Designer, you will design and develop advanced comprehensive product solutions that are aligned with Arc’teryx design philosophies and continuously exceed our users’ evolving needs.
You will work in close collaboration with our Footwear department and Arc'Teryx brand.
You will report directly to the Design Director & Amer Sports Footwear (dotted line to Arc'Teryx.
- Product Design:
- Responsible for designing the footwear range from concept through production in collaboration with the Design Team based in North Vancouver, Canada
- Focus on user needs through research and observation (user-centered design approach) with strong problem solving skills
- Continuously research emerging trends in design, technology, materials, and sport/activity evolution
- Collaborate with Range Development Team (Product Line Manager, Project Manager) to design and develop product solutions that meet the needs of the product brief
- Address construction, manufacturing, and cost constraints as needed
- Create design documents for the development of all the range products (Illustrator files, shell pattern, 2D drawings, tech pack, materials) and update as needed
- Provide a thorough understanding of soft goods, molded/tooled parts, and various manufacturing processes
- Execute projects within both seasonal and long term timelines
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the Arc’teryx materials, constructions, and manufacturing techniques
- Brief internal and external resources (consultants, agencies, etc) for projects as needed
- Adhere to Arc’teryx Sustainability requirements while also contributing to future improvements and solutions
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and visually
- Attend tradeshows and company events as required
- Brand collaboration:
- Collaborate with Vancouver Design Team (Design Director, Footwear Designer, other Designers)
- Work with other Designers to create new and improved toolbox solutions
- Collaborate with athletes, field testing team, biomechanic specialists, and other inputs to ensure Arc’teryx is exceeding our customers’ needs
- Collaborate with Vancouver Color Team: provide end use needs, material considerations, and feedback
- Ensure the footwear category direction is aligned with overall company strategy and category/activity direction
- Travel requirements include Vancouver HQ, overseas factories, and additional travel as needed
- Present designs and strategies at annual meetings and internal reviews
Needed Work Experience: 10+ years designing footwear
Education: Bachelor degree in Industrial/Product Design or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of graphics,
- Knowledge of actual design,
- Knowledge of target markets (consumer needs, attitudes and behavior)
- A thorough understanding of soft goods, molded/tooled parts, and various manufacturing processes
Foreign Language(s): proficiency in English
IT Skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite (primarily Photoshop and Illustrator). Refined sense of both 2D and 3D design, extensive knowledge of target users (customer needs and values)
Other Specific Transversal Skills:
- Creative in constraints
- Ability to contribute in projects
- Good social skills
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues, seeking the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
- You have excellent intuition for the activities we make product for
- Assets :
- 3D Software experience
- French speaking
Permanent Contract, Full Time
Job based in Annecy (74), FRANCE