CDI - Global Commercial Manager W/M - FOOTWEAR
- Annecy, France
- Department: Commercial
Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Mavic, Suunto, Wilson and Precor.
Our shared values support and guide our operations around the world. Success in competition requires the determination to win, team spirit, fair play and innovation.
“The Mountain Sport Company”, Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Salomon’s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in bindings, boots, skis and apparel for both Alpine and Nordic skiing and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for snowboarding, adventure racing, mountaineering, hiking, trail running, and many other sports.
Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain products. Salomon is headquartered in Annecy, France.
We are looking for a Global Commercial Manager M/W to be responsible for the commercial strategy for the region to increase brand presence, increase customer engagement, to ensure the growth of revenue and profitability according to sales projections. He drives commercial fundamentals across strategic partners, leveraging the strengths of the local organization and of the portfolio where appropriate. He will be the expert for Online/offline distribution across the FTW BA for the region.
As a key member of the commercial FTW Team, he will also support other cross functional tasks such as a regional market support or a project/process leader. Those tasks may evolve with the level of activity of the department.
Reporting directly to Salomon Footwear Global Commercial Director, your main responsibilities are :
- Drives the consistent implementation of the FTW BA omni-channel strategy, aligning with BA commercial market leaders and the regional commercial director to ensure our plans and choices are executed in the region.
- Integrates full components of online within the strategy (Pure Etailers, Click and mortar, B2C) with a high focus on the monitoring of the marketplace.
- Steers a holistic 3Y plan to achieve our targets in revenues and margins.
- Partners efficiently with the Brand to ensure the assets needed for key partners for the region. The target is to increase FTW BA brand presence, increase customer engagement to ensure the growth of revenue and profitability according to sales projections.
- Assists with the execution of merchandising. Works thoroughly with the merchandising team to ensure the product sufficiency supporting the strategy.
- Reports on the KPIs for each key business drivers of our strategy and provide commentary and recommendations towards the performance.
- Drives GTM stakeholders and D2C collaboration.
- Defines and drives executional plans to enable and orchestrate the entire commercial ecosystem in the region, with special focus on key priority markets.
- Executes regional business deployment of online solutions across platforms, channels and accounts, ensuring strategic alignment, relevancy and effectiveness in implementation of proposed solutions.
- Supports local commercial leaders to deliver robust seasonal business plans with top Etailers and top key accounts.
- Supports GTM team to deliver the channel targets and relevant assets toolbox.
- Supports MKT team to deliver and adapt the seasonal toolbow for Etailers and top key accounts at the region level.
- Transmits, (focus) markets needs to ensure product teams are developing sufficient collections to meet consumer expectations and deliver financial goals.
- Set targets and KPIs during the business planning and budgeting process.
- Conducts seasonal performance analysis by region (monthly/monthly/quarterly/annual). Potentially integrates sell-through analysis.
- Drives and supports Direct to Consumer (DTC) regional development, providing support for breakthrough GTM model and D2C HQ team.
- Liaises between partners and functional teams such as product, brand, operations and GTM.
- Be referee at the BA level to educate and inform about the evolution of the region.
- Provides insights and learnings to the GTM teams on how to improve our FTW BA performance.
- Makes recommendations and feedback to the commercial team on any proposed changes and keeps a permanent focus on alignment between the BA and the GTM.
- Liaises with GTM to ensure execution of the plan.
- Collaborates with global Merchandising & Commercial team to build midterm revenue streams and commercialize market-winning stories/assortment per strategic partner.
- The GCM has a cross-functional mission within the department. He might support or contribute to several projects or processes which require commercial expertise.
- Needed work experience:
- 5-8 years of professional experience in commercial/sales or in retail buying
- Proven experience in online retail
- Distribution channel management experience is a plus
- FTW (Running) background or experience preferable but not obligatory
- Experience of working internationally
Education: 5 years degree, Master degree in business relevant field.
Foreign languages: fluent English
Business acumen: Combines strategic & financial analysis to identify business opportunities
Presentation skills: Is articulate & effective in presenting the business strategy and benefits to the category sales team as well as to selected accounts.
Business Planning: Prepares and implements thorough business plans & orients day-to-day activities to actions that ensure delivery of agreed KPIs.
Negotiation skills: Ability to lead complex negotiations that help to build effective joint partnerships.
Industry knowledge: Understands the E-commerce market and is able to articulate what drives the performance.
- Computer skills: command of Microsoft Office (advanced Excel), command of professional software, expertise BO/BI
- Others: Strong P&L management skills, market, product, channel knowledge. Basic knowledge in legal
Customer meetings and internal meetings where required: estimate 20%