CDI - Trail Running Product Line Manager W/M - FOOTWEAR
- Annecy, France
Amer Sports is a sporting goods company with internationally recognized brands including Salomon, Arc’teryx, Peak Performance, Atomic, Mavic, Suunto, Wilson and Precor.
Our shared values support and guide our operations around the world. Success in competition requires the determination to win, team spirit, fair play and innovation.
“The Mountain Sport Company”, Salomon was born in 1947 in the heart of the French Alps and the birthplace of modern alpinism. Salomon’s commitment to innovative design and passion for mountain sports created a vast range of revolutionary new concepts in bindings, boots, skis and apparel for both Alpine and Nordic skiing and brought innovative solutions to footwear, apparel and equipment for snowboarding, adventure racing, mountaineering, hiking, trail running, and many other sports.
Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain products. Salomon is headquartered in Annecy, France.
We are looking for a Trail Running Product Line Manager M/W to develop Trail Running product line offer/range that supports the “where to play” brand category positioning, meets the expectations of targeted consumers and distribution, coordination and alignment of financial and strategic objectives of the category.
You will work in close collaboration with our Marketing Footwear Product department.
Reporting directly to the Footwear Product Concept Marketing Manager, your main responsibilities are :
- Coordinate and mediate various projects across the Salomon brand and the footwear category to ensure consistency between the brand and the category.
- Gather feedbacks from the communities to implement product creation.
- Mapping of the different communities: analyse, propose and implement relevant analysis of community needs.
- Identify in the communities the product advocates and concept inventors and create a close relationship with them: community activation & animation.
- Develop the structure of the Trail running offer through the entire creation process.
- Complete product briefs with development, design and brand communication teams.
- Ensure the sell-through of the product range to key account managers, subsidiaries, internal stakeholders, using some various tools of communication: in-person training, retailer visits, new product launch events, trade show participation, sales meetings.
- Collaborate with ideation and advanced development groups in the development of future products and communication stories.
- Collaborate with merchandisers, business squad and brand team in the commercial and marketing packages.
- Collaborate with sports marketing and service to athletes
- Ensure the success of the product range by collecting and evaluating the sell-through and consumer feedback of the products and the range. Provide suggestions for adjustments and additions to deliver the sales objectives.
- Specific Activities :
- Analyse, propose and implement relevant analysis of market intelligence.
- Conduct, analyse and present results of market research including I2C and consumer insights of product and sport to drive range planning and product briefs.
Needed work experience: A minimum of 5 years of trail running marketing expertise in a top Trail Running footwear brand. On field experience (tech rep, reps, subsidiary experience …)
Education: Master in marketing
Foreign languages: fluent English – French Is a plus
Trail running expert
Deep involvement into the Trail running practice: practice, network
Knowledge of the EuropeanTrail Running sport, culture, communities, influencers, distribution
Passion and knowledge for the brand
Consumer centric : intimate knowledge of the athletic consumers
Retail strategy: understand the dynamic of the running distribution & merchandising
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office
- Specific transversal skills : Public speaking, ability to synthesise and analyse, business sense, ability to be analytical, ability to take an overview of the situation.