Supplier Quality Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) has responsibility to evaluate, monitor and improve the supplier base performance for SafeWorks. This will be achieved through on-site audits documented in supplier scorecards. The SQE will work with suppliers to improve their systems while insuring the company’s
requirements are satisfied. The SQE will work with Engineering and Purchasing to identify new suppliers and technologies to be utilized in new products and applications.
- Understand new technologies, materials, and processes to be potentially implemented within the Supply Chain.
· Support Corporate and Divisional Sourcing and Supply Chain initiatives by working with Procurement, Design Engineering and Manufacturing.
· Lead continuous improvement and Lean events across all commodities.
· Benchmark manufacturing processes and drive implementation of best practices.
· Create and execute supplier development plans.
· Assist in the development, planning, testing, and modification of manufacturing processes and systems.
· Work with buyers in transferring parts to new sources.
· Where applicable, work with New Product Development to coordinate sourcing strategies and ensure a smooth and timely manufacturing ramp on major new programs.
· Ability to challenge status quo processes in a professional manner to improve the efficiency of business processes.
· Must possess the demonstrated ability to interface effectively and influence the organization and suppliers proactively.
· Capable of working independently based upon top-level direction.
· Knowledgeable of innovation in state of the art engineering and manufacturing techniques.
· Experience in auditing manufacturing processes.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or equivalent education.
· 7+ years' experience as a quality engineer engaged in new product development of electro-mechanical assemblies. At least two years must have been in a supplier quality role.
· Must have working knowledge in multiple engineering disciplines and requires a broad knowledge of production technologies.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Lean Manufacturing Experience major plus.
· Multi-cultural international experience, preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typical office conditions: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate.
50% Travel Required: 35% Domestic 15 % International
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.