- Seattle, WA
SafeWorks LLC, located in Tukwila, is the largest manufacturer and distributor of powered suspended access and safety solutions in North America, serving more customers with a wider variety of products and services than any other company. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Learn about us on the web at www.safeworks.com.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Purchase and expedite materials needed to support manufacturing, customer service, and branch operations. Develop and implement annual strategies to procure, reduce costs, and improve lead times. Serve as a project, product, and strategy managers when necessary.
· Procure a variety of materials to meet manufacturing and branch operational needs.
· Negotiate for the best possible pricing, delivery and payment terms.
· Evaluate vendors on their ability to deliver products in a timely, cost-effective and quality manner and change sources of supply where appropriate.
· Track deliveries from vendors where necessary.
· Produce reports as required on the status of any ongoing purchasing project.
· Develop and implement annual strategies to procure, reduce costs, and improve lead times.
· Manage cost savings pipeline to deliver 3% savings YOY.
· Work with the logistics team to reduce freight costs YOY.
· Lead initiatives with Engineering, Product Management and Marketing to develop new products.
· Own individual category of products, acting as an SME where needed
· Follows the flow of product closely, expediting where needed, to meet ever changing customer service requirements.
· Solve receiving and accounting issues as they come up.
· Manage custom branch requests, acting as a liaison between Engineering, Customer Service, and other buyers.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications; Work, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· ERP experience. JD Edwards preferred.
· Experience with both standard and custom production practices.
· Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, with personnel ranging from the manufacturing staff to senior executives.
· Effective problem solver with a “Can-Do” approach to any challenge.
· Experience with PC workstations and associated business software.
· Valid driver's license.
· Capability of lifting up to 60 lbs. at a time.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Undergraduate degree in applicable field or equivalent experience and education.
· Professional certification (APICS, Etc) preferred.
· Min 5+ years procurement experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This work requires the following physical activities: kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typical office and warehouse conditions: The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually moderate.
We provide competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, Life, 401k with a match, paid time off and more.
We're ready to hire - apply now!