Lead Civil Engineer
- Any, AB, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Sacré-Davey is a privately held, multi-disciplinary engineering and project management firm that services the mining, energy, and general industrial sectors. With offices in Canada, the United States, and the Philippines, we offer our clients professional services and global technical expertise to de-risk and maximize the value of their projects.
The diverse range of projects that we deliver include mineral processing plants, green and blue hydrogen production facilities, wastewater treatment plants, technology scale-up, renewable fuels, GHG reduction, power generation facilities, bulk material terminals and food processing plants.
We strive to deliver projects with excellence and help our clients grow and succeed with a focus on sustainability and responsible development. We are on a mission to create a more sustainable future for us all and need talented professionals to help us reach our goals.
We are looking for a technically strong, professional, proactive Lead Civil Engineer to join our growing team. Reporting to the Civil/Structural department manager, as the Lead Civil Engineer your role is to assist in the leadership and management of staff within the department on major projects.
- Perform technical tasks in civil engineering, including determining design criteria, preparing engineering calculations and technical design, material and cost estimates, drawing layouts and construction details.
- Secondary tasks include conducting design studies, attending existing facilities for data collection and assessments, attending construction site for field inspection reviews, direction for and review of site survey, and composing reports.
- Project sites are mostly heavy industrial, with some light industrial and commercial sites.
- Projects types are industrial, manufacturing, and utilities. These include mining, petrochemical, chemical plants, pulp and paper, and power generation facilities; also, municipal and commercial building sites.
- P.Eng. sealing of drawings and documents, assurance schedules, and reports.
- Surface elements include: site development, lot grading, and parking.
- Transportation structures include: roadways, and railways.
- Hydrological elements include: detention ponds, pumping lift stations, sediment & erosion control.
- Underground utilities include: domestic water, storm water, and waste water.
- Calculations include storm water management, hydraulic analysis, traffic management.
- Drafting performed in AutoCAD-2D, Autodesk Civil-3D, with Bluebeam markups.
- General software includes Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Manage small and medium sized projects, ensuring they stay within budget and schedule, and meet client requirements.
- Implement relevant codes, standards, practices, and procedures, and permitting applications.
- Coordinate with other engineers, designers, drafts, contractors, vendors, clients, and authorities.
- Provide design work to support drafters and designers. Check designs and drawings.
- Ensure engineering deliverables are technically accurate, complete, and in compliance
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer with ‘APEGA’.
- Minimum 8+ years of civil engineering experience within Canada of which, some 4 years of experience in heavy industrial sectors, and some 4 years of experience in the commercial building sector.
- Experience and proficiency in engineering to Canadian and Municipal codes and standards,
- Additional experience appreciated in structural engineering of basic civil structures.
- Strong professional standards, with proficiency in civil theory and practice.
- Organizational skills, with effective communication and coordination with team.
- Proficient communication in oral English, written presentation, technical sketching.
- Multi-tasking with ability to work to schedules and budgets.
- Able to travel to client sites for data collection and construction review.
Sacré- Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.