Lead Civil Engineer
- North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sacré-Davey is an engineering consulting company, providing engineering and project management services in heavy and light industries. It has operated nearly 35 years, with offices across Canada and the western United States. We offer valued clients our technical expertise to engineer effective and practical solutions to their facility projects. These projects range across diverse fields of mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, clean technologies, chemicals, food and beverage, and ports and marine.
Foremost we strive to fulfill client expectations and requirements through attention to program scope, while adhering to schedule and budget constraints. Our engineering solutions derive from our expertise in the project industries, while our design solutions are attuned to construction practices for practicality and economy. Where appropriate, we creatively implement innovative solutions as it improves value to the client and their project’s performance.
If you are interested to work in these challenging fields, while appreciating our engineering approach, then we would welcome your interest in joining our team. Here you will find a collaborative environment with fellow professionals that take pride in their work as they engage in exciting projects.
This position is offered on a permanent or contract basis.
- Perform technical tasks in civil engineering, including determining design criteria, preparing engineering calculations and technical design, material and cost estimates, drawing layouts and construction details.
- Secondary tasks include conducting design studies, attending existing facilities for data collection and assessments, attending construction site for field inspection reviews, direction for and review of site survey, and composing reports.
- Project sites are mostly heavy industrial, with some light industrial and commercial sites.
- Projects types are industrial, manufacturing, and utilities. These include mining, petrochemical, chemical plants, pulp and paper, and power generation facilities; also, municipal and commercial building sites.
- P.Eng. sealing of drawings and documents, assurance schedules, and reports.
- Surface elements include: site development, lot grading, and parking.
- Transportation structures include: roadways, and railways.
- Hydrological elements include: detention ponds, pumping lift stations, sediment & erosion control.
- Underground utilities include: domestic water, storm water, and waste water.
- Calculations include storm water management, hydraulic analysis, traffic management.
- Drafting performed in AutoCAD-2D, Autodesk Civil-3D, with Bluebeam markups.
- General software includes Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Manage small and medium sized projects, ensuring they stay within budget and schedule, and meet client requirements.
- Implement relevant codes, standards, practices, and procedures, and permitting applications.
- Coordinate with other engineers, designers, drafts, contractors, vendors, clients, and authorities.
- Provide design work to support drafters and designers. Check designs and drawings.
- Ensure engineering deliverables are technically accurate, complete, and in compliance
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Professional Engineer with ‘APEGA’.
- Minimum 8+ years of civil engineering experience within Canada of which, some 4 years of experience in heavy industrial sectors, and some 4 years of experience in the commercial building sector.
- Experience and proficiency in engineering to Canadian and Municipal codes and standards,
- Additional experience appreciated in structural engineering of basic civil structures.
- Strong professional standards, with proficiency in civil theory and practice.
- Organizational skills, with effective communication and coordination with team.
- Proficient communication in oral English, written presentation, technical sketching.
- Multi-tasking with ability to work to schedules and budgets.
- Able to travel to client sites for data collection and construction review.
Sacré- Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.