Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering Manager
- Any, British Columbia, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Sacré-Davey is a privately held, multi-disciplinary engineering and project management firm that services the mining, energy, and general industrial sectors. With offices in Canada, the United States, and the Philippines, we offer our clients professional services and global technical expertise to de-risk and maximize the value of their projects.
The diverse range of projects that we deliver include mineral processing plants, green and blue hydrogen production facilities, wastewater treatment plants, technology scale-up, renewable fuels, GHG reduction, power generation facilities, bulk material terminals and food processing plants.
We strive to deliver projects with excellence and help our clients grow and succeed with a focus on sustainability and responsible development. We are on a mission to create a more sustainable future for us all and need talented professionals to help us reach our goals.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Manager to provide people management and technical support in the area of power systems and electrical design for our heavy industrial projects. Reporting to the Engineering manager your role is to proactively lead and manage the staff within the Electrical and Instrumentation and Control departments to ensure successful completion of all projects.
- Providing feasibility assessment and preliminary / detailed design for a variety of industrial facilities and commercial buildings. Work will include power and control schemes, substation, switchgear, single line diagrams, cable schedules, cable and conduit routings, equipment and cable tray layouts, protective relaying design and configuration, particularly involving motor, transformer and feeder protection, and grounding and lighting layouts.
- Overseeing the quality of engineering documentation, equipment and installation related to the detailed design and engineering of industrial electrical power systems and controls
- Liaising with clients, contractors and senior management members
- Preparing proposals and project cost estimates, including assigning / managing work-load and balancing internal and client priorities
- Resolving instrument, control and electrical technical issues
- Ensuring standard specifications/procedures and systems are followed
- Ensuring completion of deliverables, including travel to our clients’ work sites.
- Department supervision including but not limited to resource allocation, quality reviews and collaboration with other departments
- Workforce planning and development including direction, training and support for all team members and supporting recruitment efforts
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- A recognized degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia is required. Ability to register in other provinces and the US is an asset.
- 15 years’ progressive experience in heavy industry, mining, and or renewable energy projects. Experience in Pulp & Paper and Oil & Gas projects are assets.
- Strong preference for experience with renewable integration - high and medium voltage experience
- Experience with instrumentation design and working knowledge of control wiring/circuits an asset
- Power systems software analysis skills (ETAP preferred)
- Knowledge of hazardous area classifications and API standards
- Knowledge of interfacing with DCS and PLC systems
- General knowledge of electrical codes (CEC, NEC, NFPA70E, CSA Z-462, IEEE)
- Knowledge of generating equipment, including diesel generating sets
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
Sacré- Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.