Lead Electrical Engineer
- North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sacré-Davey is a consulting engineering firm that provides engineering and project management services in the mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, renewable energy, ports and marine and chemical industries. With offices across Canada and the western United States, we offer our clients professional advice and technical expertise to help improve the return on their investments. By thinking creatively and finding innovative approaches, we provide solutions that maximize value for our clients.
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Lead Electrical Engineer to provide technical support in the area of power systems and electrical design for our heavy industrial projects in mining, pulp and paper and renewable energy projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing feasibility assessment and preliminary / detailed design for a variety of industrial facilities and commercial buildings. Work will include power and control schemes, substation, switchgear, single line diagrams, cable schedules, cable and conduit routings, equipment and cable tray layouts, protective relaying design and configuration, particularly involving motor, transformer and feeder protection, and grounding and lighting layouts.
- Overseeing the quality of engineering documentation, equipment and installation related to the detailed design and engineering of industrial electrical power systems and controls.
- Liaising with clients, contractors and senior management members.
- Preparing proposals and project cost estimates, including assigning / managing work-load and balancing internal and client priorities.
- Resolving instrument, control and electrical technical issues.
- Ensuring standard specifications/procedures and systems are followed.
- Ensuring completion of deliverables, including travel to our clients’ work sites.
- A recognized degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to register as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia and other provinces is required. Ability to register in the US is an asset.
- Minimum of 8 years’ progressive experience in heavy industry, mining, and or renewable energy projects. Experience in Pulp & Paper and Oil & Gas projects are assets.
- Strong preference for experience with renewable integration - high and medium voltage experience
- Experience with instrumentation design and working knowledge of control wiring/circuits an asset
- Power systems software analysis skills (ETAP preferred)
- Knowledge of hazardous area classifications and API standards
- Knowledge of interfacing with DCS and PLC systems
- General knowledge of electrical codes (CEC, NEC, NFPA70E, CSA Z-462, IEEE)
- Knowledge of generating equipment, including diesel generating sets
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
- Job will typically be performed in an office environment
- Overtime may be required on occasion to meet client needs
- Travel may be required to client sites on a case-by-case basis. Working conditions in active construction/industrial locations may vary; safety training and equipment will be provided
Sacré- Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.