- North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sacré-Davey is an engineering consulting company, providing engineering and project management services in heavy and light industries. It has operated nearly 35 years, with offices across Canada and the western United States. We offer valued clients our technical expertise to engineer effective and practical solutions to their facility projects. These projects range across diverse fields of mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, clean technologies, chemicals, food and beverage, and ports and marine.
Foremost we strive to fulfill client expectations and requirements through attention to program scope, while adhering to schedule and budget constraints. Our engineering solutions derive from our expertise in the project industries, while our design solutions are attuned to construction practices for practicality and economy. Where appropriate, we creatively implement innovative solutions as it improves value to the client and their project’s performance.
If you are interested to work in these challenging fields, while appreciating our engineering approach, then we would welcome your interest in joining our team. Here you will find a collaborative environment with fellow professionals that take pride in their work as they engage in exciting projects.
- Civil and Structural design for industrial, manufacturing, and utilities projects; including petrochemical, pulp and paper, mining, chemical plants, and power generation facilities
- Project management for projects that are primarily civil/structural in nature
- Advise on all technical aspects of civil and structural engineering work, such as development of design criteria, preparation of engineering calculations, analyses, and studies, development of layout design, and report writing
- Review and confirm that engineering deliverables are complete, technically accurate, and in compliance with applicable codes, standards, and specifications
- Provide engineering design advice and support to designers and AutoCAD operators
- Implement all relevant systems, standards, practices, and procedures required by the contract
- Prepare structural and civil engineering estimates and capital cost estimates for engineering projects.
- Assist with proposal development
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from a recognized institution
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada and/or in US; registration in both Canada and US, as well as registration in multiple provinces and states is considered a strong asset.
- 10+ years of Civil and Structural engineering design experience in industrial related projects.
- A good grasp of engineering principles and the ability to creatively apply these to complex customer problem areas
- Comfortable working in both a design office and operating plant environments
- Highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel: possess a valid driver’s licence and able to travel on occasion to project sites that are across borders (provinces and states)
- Prepare calculations and documentation packages, plans, sections and details for Civil and Structural design projects according to project standards and company standards
- Familiar with detailing of structural steel, steel connection details, welds, concrete reinforcement, masonry, timber framing, foundations and basic architectural details. Ability to perform structural analysis and design. Ability to read shop drawings, existing civil/structural drawings, related mechanical and equipment drawings.
- Field engineering experience including on-site design and technical support
- Familiar with structural analysis software including S- Frame
- Bilingual language skills an asset - English/French
Sacré- Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.