Mechanical Engineer II
- Seattle, WA, USA
Sacré-Davey is an engineering consulting company providing engineering and project management services in diverse fields of mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, clean technologies, chemicals, food and beverage and ports and marine. With offices across Canada and the western United States, we offer our clients professional advice and technical expertise to help improve the return on their investments. By thinking creatively and finding innovative approaches, we provide solutions that maximize value for our clients.
- Responsible for mechanical design for industrial, manufacturing, and utilities projects; in particular, petrochemical, pulp & paper, renewables, and power generation.
- Develop orthographics, isometrics, bill of materials, pipeline lists, valve lists, and tie-in lists for piping design projects.
- Provide piping design in steel, stainless, plastic, FRP, and high grade alloys.
- Develop calculations and documentation packages, plans, sections and details for mechanical design projects according to project standards and company standards.
- Utilize knowledge of ANSI B31.1 and B31.3 code piping.
- Develop piping designs and specify pipe hangers, and perform piping stress analysis.
- Developing mechanical engineering documents working with other engineers and designers including P&ID's, general arrangements, equipment installation details, tank data sheets, and piping design.
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating mechanical engineering/design efforts on multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Field support including on-site design, technical support and construction management.
- Responsible for mechanical engineering estimates and capital cost estimates for engineering projects.
- Assist with proposal development, marketing, and business development efforts.
- Provide project management for projects that are primarily mechanical in nature.
- Provide training and mentoring of junior level mechanical engineers and designers.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
Experience Requirements: Two (2) years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer or related role, which includes two years of experience in each of the following:
- Designing industrial piping systems, equipment layouts, and mechanical design
- Supervising engineers, designers and drafters as part of a mechanical engineering design team
- Estimating mechanical engineering and construction costs.
- Ensuring projects meet U.S. and Canadian mechanical codes and standards.
- Performing stress analysis, finite element analysis, and piping network analysis.
Sacré- Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.