3D Piping Design Lead
- North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sacré-Davey is an engineering consulting company providing engineering and project management services in diverse fields of mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, clean technologies, chemicals, food and beverage and ports and marine. With offices across Canada and the western United States, we offer our clients professional advice and technical expertise to help improve the return on their investments. By thinking creatively and finding innovative approaches, we provide solutions that maximize value for our clients.
Sacré-Davey currently has an opportunity for a 3D Piping Design Lead. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual with excellent technical and organizational skills, an ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate with multi-disciplines, and who takes pride in producing quality work with a high degree of accuracy and superior attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have experience with using CADWorx for piping design in an engineering consulting environment.
- Works with Technical Leads and Engineering Manager to complete reviews and confirm drawing deliverables are complete, technically accurate, meet the Company’s QMS requirements, and are in compliance with applicable drafting specifications
- Monitors projects to ensure completion within budget and specified timelines
- Creates 3D piping models using CADWorx Plant professional.
- Produces piping isometrics using Isogen.
- Produces mechanical/piping drawings in accordance with established guidelines and client specs
- Provides design advice and support to designers and drafters
- Administrative lead and supervisor for all process and piping designers and drafters, organizes training, conducts performance reviews
- In conjunction with the Engineering Manager, coordinates departmental technical requirements
- Monitors the development of designers and drafters, and provides recommendations for improvement and performance feedback
- Monitors the process piping workload and works collaboratively with Project Managers to effectively distribute resources
- Provides input to the Engineering Manager in assessing hiring needs, notifies HR of any discipline resource needs, reviews resumes and conducts interviews
- Diploma in Drafting Technology or equivalent educational background from a recognized technical institute or university.
- 8+ minimum years of practical experience in piping design in a consulting engineering environment that supports the heavy industrial sector (such as mining, oil & gas, chemical processing), is required.
- Interest in/experience coaching, mentoring or leading a group is highly beneficial
- Experience with creating 3D piping and mechanical models.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to work as a team in a multi-discipline environment.
- Minimum intermediate to advanced hands-on experience using CADWorx is required.
- Competency with Plant 3D, Revit or CADWorx PID pro is an asset.
Sacré- Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.