- Calgary, AB, Canada
Sacré-Davey is an engineering consulting company providing engineering and project management services in diverse fields of mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, clean technologies, chemicals, food and beverage and ports and marine. With offices across Canada and the western United States, we offer our clients professional advice and technical expertise to help improve the return on their investments. By thinking creatively and finding innovative approaches, we provide solutions that maximize value for our clients.
Sacré-Davey currently has an opportunity for a Process Engineer-in-Training in our Calgary Office. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual with excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and strong communication and team-building abilities. An ideal candidate will be a technical specialist with the ability to effectively execute design work on projects of varying sizes.
- Perform process simulations and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) and Heat and Material Balances.
- Develop sizing information for Process Equipment (compressors, pumps, heat exchangers, Distillation columns, separators, reactors, etc.) and provide information in the form of equipment data sheets.
- Conduct line sizing, pressure drop calculations and line lists.
- Develop P&ID’s, conduct engineering drawing reviews, vendor quotation review, detailed cost estimating
- Assist with developing process and functional control descriptions.
- Assist with developing engineering specifications and interface documents.
- Carry out engineering calculations, process studies, field investigation, detailed design, engineering documentation, equipment specification, code requirements, and checking.
- Carry out calculations and documentation packages for process design projects according to project standards and company standards.
- Work as a team member in a multi-disciplinary firm to create engineering packages and reports.
- Create and update process engineering documents working with other engineers and designers including general arrangements, equipment installation details, and process calculations.
- Provide field support including on-site design, technical support and construction support.
- Assist with process engineering estimates and capital cost estimates for engineering projects.
- Assist in Plant start-up and performance testing, as required.
- Participate in HAZOPs, PHAs, model reviews, and performance tests.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering and 1-3 years’ experience in the engineering and design of industrial processes and process equipment. Experience troubleshooting existing processes preferred.
- Registration as an Engineer-in-Training preferred.
- Experience working in a commercial setting with process simulation software, particularly AspenPlus, HYSYS.
- Ability to travel within North America required, with ability to travel internationally preferred.
- Experience working with engineers, designers and drafters as part of a process design team.
- Experience in performing engineering calculations for process systems design.
- Familiarity working with and developing Process Flow Diagrams and P&ID’s.
- Experience developing mass-energy balances.
- Plant engineering experience preferred.
Sacré- Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.