Senior Materials Handling Designer
- North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sacré-Davey is an engineering consulting company providing engineering and project management services in diverse fields of mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, clean technologies, chemicals, food and beverage and ports and marine. With offices across Canada and the western United States, we offer our clients professional advice and technical expertise to help improve the return on their investments. By thinking creatively and finding innovative approaches, we provide solutions that maximize value for our clients.
Sacré-Davey currently has an opportunity for a Senior Materials Handling Designer. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual with excellent technical and organizational skills, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and who takes pride in producing quality work with a high degree of accuracy and superior attention to detail. An ideal candidate will have experience with using Inventor, Revit and Civil 3D in an engineering consulting environment.
NOTE: This is a permanent, full-time position, which will be based in North Vancouver, BC or Toronto, Ontario depending on the successful candidate’s location.
- Working closely with engineers, acts as the lead designer for Greenfield and Brownfield industrial projects of 1 to 80 million dollars in size.
- Organize, coordinate and lead a group of 1 to 5 people on all aspects of an industrial plant design from initial information gathering to studies, conceptual and detailed design and drafting.
- Act as the central point of contact for coordination between designers and engineers assigned to the project.
- Assign work, monitor and guide design/drafting and oversee the internal checking required on all project drawings.
- Responsible for the final preparation and issuance of all drawing packages to meet schedules and budget.
- Responsible for keeping drawing lists and submission of weekly progress reports.
- Responsible to hand over complete work packages (design/drawings) that are completely documented and ready for final checking . All notes, design communications, calculations and equipment information will be included in each package. Will provide notes at handover summarizing the design and pointing out all outstanding concerns.
- Provide complete bid and construction support.
- Conduct shop drawing reviews and liaise with the on-site construction manager to successfully handle construction /design issues as they arise.
- Travels to site to gather information and provide occasional turnaround relief to the on-site construction manager/inspectors.
- Provide ongoing project training and direction to more junior members the design team.
- Diploma in Mechanical /Civil / Structural Technology or equivalent educational background from a recognized technical institute or university.
- 10-15 years of increasing responsibility and experience in the design and construction of Industrial facilities including detailed design and drafting of structural steel, foundations, fabricated plate and material handling equipment.
- Proven experience and high competency using AutoCAD is required.
- Experience in Inventor, Revit, Civil 3D is an asset.
- Onsite construction inspection and management experience.
- Familiarity with MHSHA standards.
- Registered or eligible for registration with ASTTBC or ASET
- Bilingual language skills an asset - English/French
Sacré- Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.