Chemical Process Engineer - Pulp & Paper
- Calgary, AB, Canada
Sacré-Davey is an engineering consulting company providing engineering and project management services in diverse fields of mining, oil and gas, pulp and paper, clean technologies, chemicals, food and beverage and ports and marine. With offices across Canada and the western United States, we offer our clients professional advice and technical expertise to help improve the return on their investments. By thinking creatively and finding innovative approaches, we provide solutions that maximize value for our clients.
As a result of growth in our business, we have an immediate opportunity for a Chemical Process Engineer – Pulp & Paper. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual with excellent organizational skills, the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and strong communication and team-building abilities. An ideal candidate will be a technical specialist with the ability to effectively execute design work on projects of varying sizes.
NOTE: This is a permanent, full-time position, which will be based in North Vancouver BC or Calgary Alberta, depending on the successful candidate’s location.
- Consulting on the design and development of pulp and paper, renewable fuel and chemical plants.
- Conduct engineering studies for project feasibility, process capability, process due diligence, and process audits.
- Perform process simulations and develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) and Heat and Material Balances.
- Perform engineering calculations, process studies, field investigation, detailed design, engineering documentation, equipment specification, code requirements, and checking.
- Develop calculations and documentation packages for process design projects according to project standards and company standards.
- Work with engineers, designers and drafters in the development of process engineering documents including P&ID’s, general arrangements, equipment installation details, and process calculations.
- Responsible for working with other engineering disciplines on multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Field support including on-site design, technical support and start-up support as required.
- Conduct process engineering estimates and capital cost estimates for engineering projects.
- Develop and advise on the development of proposals, marketing, and business development efforts.
- Act as liaison between project team and client. Participate in project meetings, RFIs and report presentations to clients.
- Interact with clients for a variety of activities such as business development, marketing, and proposal creation.
- Lead plant start-up and performance testing, as required.
- Participate in sales meetings, HAZOPs, PHAs, model reviews, and performance tests.
- Walk down facilities for as-building activities
- BSc or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET or CEAB accredited school with 7-10 years of experience in the engineering and design of industrial processes and process equipment.
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry required.
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, ideally in BC
- Experience working in an industrial setting with process simulation software, particularly AspenPlus, HYSYS, and EDR required.
- Ability to travel internationally required.
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team, including designers and drafters as part of a project team.
- Experience in performing engineering calculations for process systems design.
- Experience working with and developing Process Flow Diagrams and P&ID’s.
- Experience developing mass and energy balances.
- Other desired experience includes direct experience with some or all of the following:
- Midstream and downstream oil and gas processes, including refinery unit operations
- Renewable fuels and chemical processes
- Experience managing small to intermediate engineering projects is preferred.
Sacré- Davey offers a competitive compensation package, as well as a creative, cohesive work environment and continuous opportunity for development. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter, including a description of projects and accomplishments relevant to the position.
Sacré-Davey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any accessibility or special requirements, please let us know and we will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.