Modernisation and Technical Support Engineer
- Western Drive, Hengrove Business Park, Bristol, United Kingdom
The division Packaging Technology is one of the leading suppliers in the field of process and packaging technology. We develop and produce in future under a new holistic systems for the pharmaceutical, food and confectionery industries in over 15 countries.
Are you ready to shape the current changes with us?
Do you want to contribute to people`s nutrition and health, thereby enhancing the quality of life?
- Implement Modernisation (upgrades) strategy based on product portfolio and obsolescence, market demand.
- Support Customers and service engineers On-site installation and commissioning of control systems
- Commercial awareness, being able to spot opportunities such as an optional upgrade to a machine, then talk to the customer about it, generate quotation and finalise the sale
- Flexibility to support our global market base, sometimes during out of hours
- Facilitate Remote Service Portal (RSP)
- Programme electrical components sold as spares
- Support of Field Service Engineers on-site
- Support the Field Service Manager in responding to incoming customer service telephone calls, emails
- Implementing fixes for these problems, Fixes include:
- Implement software changes
- Install electrical modification
- Resolve electrical faults on machines
- Resolve Software Faults on machines
- Compile full reports
- Packaging engineering knowledge and technical skills is essential
- Food Packaging industry knowledge is beneficial (ideally of secondary packaging technology)
- Electrical engineering – full understanding of both modern and old control systems across wide range of different platforms
- Understanding of electrical engineering including:
- Adjusting high speed packaging machines to achieve optimum efficiency and high quality packages.
- Control system knowledge of: Allen Bradley, Siemens and Beckoff
- A high level of Customer Service Excellence
- Ability to prioritize and work to challenging deadlines
- IT conversant (Microsoft Office minimum)
- Experience of OEE (beneficial)
- Strong communication skills
- Team player mentality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work remotely, including regular overseas assignment
- Full Driving License
Remuneration & Benefits
• Excellent salary
• 25 Days holiday per year + public holidays
• Company Sick Pay
• Company Pension
• Life Assurance
• Death in service benefit