- 601 Burbank Rd, Oldsmar, FL 34677, USA
As a Business Unit of Packaging Technology, Osgood Industries, Inc. is a multi-million dollar, growth-oriented organization for packaging machinery. Established in 1978, Osgood Industries, Inc. was privately owned for more than 40 years and is well-known in the packaging industry. At this location, we design and manufacture packaging machines for food and a broad spectrum of products. In addition, we build complete line solutions and provide comprehensive after sales services. The facility includes engineering, manufacturing, assembly, R&D/testing lab, management, sales & marketing, administration and service.
Summary: Procures goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, and supplies for the organization by performing the following:
- Manages price negotiations based on historical and current market trends while maintaining corporate objectives related to cost, quality and delivery demands.
- Reviews inventory records or warehouse to determine if material on hand is sufficient to meet demand.
- Consults product catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records of items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Communicates with suppliers concerning late deliveries and expedites delivery of goods as needed.
- Coordinates services with outside vendors to provide additional processes such as labor, plating, coating, polishing etc.
- Works closely with the Quality (QC) department to process rejections and settle claims.
- Maintains quality tracking spreadsheet.
- Address and resolves supply or pricing disputes with vendors as needed while maintaining corporate objectives.
- Complete third-party contracts with suppliers as required to ensure that key elements of supply (delivery, penalty, post-delivery support etc.) are agreed upon by all parties.
Typical commodities purchased:
- Electrical components – including wire, fuses
- Machined parts - stainless steel, aluminum, resins etc.
- Mechanical components - motors, gear boxes, cylinders etc.
- Functional or 3rd party equipment – items purchased as complete units and incorporated into our machines
- Sheet metal – enclosures, boxes etc.
- Capital expenses – machinery, building alterations.
- Office supplies and requirements for operational purposes.
- Outside labor and services.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of experience with setting and maintaining stocking levels
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a customer service order fulfillment environment
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience working with an ERP/ MRP system
- Aptitude and desire to grow/develop the role into a more manufacturing-based purchasing role
- Technical or mechanical background
- Experience working with parts and assembly drawings
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to communicate effectively to the intended audience.
- Excellent MS Office skills, specifically Word, and PowerPoint and Advanced Excel skills
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to lead change, with enthusiasm and a positive approach; Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming, complaining or making excuses; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability and works within budgets.
- Self-Management: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Displays willingness to make decisions while exhibiting sound judgment and reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions. Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful/respectful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Follows through on commitments.
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.