Machine Builder/ Assembly Mechanic C
- 5224 Snapfinger Woods Dr, Decatur, GA 30035, USA
- Legal Entity: Kliklok LLC, a Syntegon company
Kliklok LLC, a Sytnegon Company (previously Bosch Packaging Technology) with its global headquarters based near Stuttgart, Germany. Syntegon Technology employs approximately 6,500 associates at 30 plus worldwide locations. Syntegon designs, develops and produces hi-tech packaging solutions (machines, systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food industries.
Summary: Mechanic (Entry Level) - Working in a team environment. This position is responsible for the efficient assembly and checkout of industrial equipment.
- Build machines, former heads or sub-assemblies from prints with minor supervision
- Work with shop equipment such as drill press, buffer, die grinders, hand drills, etc.
- Drill and tap all metals and plastics used on machines
- Identify materials such as aluminum, stainless or cold roll steel and finishes such as zinc, nickel or anodized
- Fill out reject reports and parts return sheets
- Make entries in machine notebooks
- Perform quality functions/checks on your daily work
- Lift up to 50 lbs. (above 50 lbs. with assistance) and work in any position for an extended periods of time.
- Work with moving parts and mechanical hazards.
- Work from elevated heights.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
- Work overtime as the needs of the business dictate.
- Some travel may be required for customer installs.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years experience working in an assembly, fabrication or automotive repair capacity OR have at least 1+ year experience in the same with 1+ year of vocational/ technical education
- Able to identify types of machines including formers, closers and baggers
- Knowledge of standard hardware such as nuts and bolts and applications on machines
- Experience of using precision measuring equipment such as dial indicator, micrometer, and venire calipers
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to partner with other functions and foster teamwork
- Self-motivated with strong mechanical aptitude, detail oriented
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Punctual and reliable team player
- Professional aptitude and ability to represent Syntegon in a professional manner
- PC knowledge is a plus
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.