Senior Project Manager (Capital Equipment)
- 5224 Snapfinger Woods Dr, Decatur, GA 30035, USA
- Legal Entity: Kliklok LLC, a Syntegon company
Kliklok LLC, a Syntegon Technology company (previously Bosch Packaging Technology) with its global headquarters based near Stuttgart, Germany employs approximately 6,500 associates at 30 plus worldwide locations. Syntegon designs, develops and produces hi-tech packaging solutions (machines, systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food industries.
Summary: Responsible for providing project coordination and leadership to successfully complete all projects to meet customers’ expectations of performance and schedule as well as internal objectives of profitability.
- Work with sales, application engineering, estimating/controlling, and the different manufacturing locations on all risk level projects to define the customer’s project requirements and deliver an order acknowledgement that meets the customer’s needs.
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of the project objectives, critical paths, overall schedule, and cost requirements.
- Serve as primary source for any customer interaction; design or project review, questions, concerns, and changes.
- Project Management responsibility from a clear order until the final payment is authorized and all warranty issues have been resolved.
- Coordinate between project management of other production locations and third party supplier to finalize the customer project in the best way for Syntegon and the customer.
- Apply the reporting and scheduling tools of the Syntegon Production System (BPS) and where possible apply the principles of Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM).
- Schedule and lead project meetings (including QG’s); assign responsibilities to team members as needed. Motivate and challenge team members to ensure deadlines are met.
- Maintain a complete record of the project history. Include any changes in design concept, project scope, etc. and the related cost impact. Review all potential cost increases with the product manager and/or customer before implementation.
- Responsible for customer visit and machinery acceptance for shipment from the Syntegon factory (FAT).
- Track project status on a continuous basis concerning money, schedule, and any application/technical issues. Communicates progress as needed to customers and at regular intervals to internal management.
- Conduct audits of the project being signed off by the customer: Analyze money, performance, schedule, and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate with service management to meet installation and start-up objectives.
- Assist with developing Project management processes and tools (Project team structure, Schedule formats, progress reports, financial reports, presentations, and forecasting and tracking tools).
- Provide support for applications engineering and estimating, and cost shipment status reports to customer and internal management.
- Participate in quote review and opportunity strategy meetings.
- Travel as needed to customer site or cooperating vendor’s locations (up to 20% of time).
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience involving capital equipment installation within a manufacturing environment
- Must have a 1+ year experience in leadership or project management roles
- Must have a 2+ years of experience in systems integration (coordination of multiple machines to form a “turn-key” system)
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Manufacturing Technology or Engineering is preferred
- Formal Project Management training or certification is preferred
- Experience with packaging machinery or food packaging equipment is plus
- Knowledge of SAP is desired
- Good understanding of sales, engineering and business processes
- Effective oral and written communication skills and good negotiation skills
- Ability to motivate and challenge team members to achieve desired results
- Basic PC skills to track project status; strong Microsoft Excel experience preferred
- International experience is advantageous
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.