Senior Procurement Specialist (Non-Production Materials & Services)
- 5224 Snapfinger Woods Dr, Decatur, GA 30035, USA
- Legal Entity: Kliklok LLC, a Syntegon company
Syntegon Technology (previously Bosch Packaging) is one of the leading suppliers of process and packaging technology. At over 30 locations in more than 15 countries worldwide, a highly-qualified workforce develops and produces complete solutions for the pharmaceuticals, food, and confectionery industries. These solutions are complemented by a comprehensive after-sales service portfolio. A global service and sales network provides customers with local points of contact. Syntegon Technology operations globally and is responsible for the successful expansion of the service business in North America for the Packaging Industry.
SUMMARY: Responsible for individual Part Families in the Material Fields - Logistics, Travel & Mobility and IT in NA, achieving saving targets across locations. Development and implementation of the purchasing strategy for the assigned Part Families. Implementation of the global Material Field Strategy.
Essential Job Function:
- Preparation and implementation of tenders and negotiations
- Cross-functional evaluation and comparison of quotes (e.g. with IT, Logistics)
- Commercial evaluation of quotes/contracts including TCO consideration (e.g. Logistics costs, type of delivery, etc.
- Derive alternative courses of action and awarding business to suppliers
- Documentation and filing of contractual agreements
- Definition and qualification of new suppliers including capacity management
- Conduct annual discussions with suppliers (e.g. on quality, delivery performance, innovations, obsolescence, price developments, etc.)
- Responsibility to communicate relevant timelines and quality issues towards suppliers
- Coordination of legal issues between the supplier and the legal department (e.g. in the event of deviations from standard contracts)
- Will travel up to 30% of the time
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelors degree from an accredited university in Engineering, Supply Chain, Information Technology or Business
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of professional experience working in a purchasing capacity managing global procurement with responsibility for materials & services
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in negotiating purchase agreements and contract development with advanced purchasing methods (bundling, auctioning etc.)
- Strong legal acumen related to purchasing agreements and contract development
- Language skills (2nd language desirable
- Team player with customer service orientation applied to both internal and external
- Effective communication skills (internally and externally)
- MS Office, in particular proficiency with Outlook and Excel
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Business system knowledge, SAP preferred
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.