Class A Machinist
- 5224 Snapfinger Woods Dr, Decatur, GA 30035, USA
- Legal Entity: Kliklok LLC, a Syntegon company
Kliklok-Woodman, a subsidiary of Syntegon Technology (previously Bosch Packaging Technology) with its global headquarters based near Stuttgart, Germany. Syntegon Technology employs approximately 6,500 associates at 30 plus worldwide locations. Syntegon designs, develops and produces hi-tech packaging solutions (machines, systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food industries.
SUMMARY: The Machinist is responsible for setting up and operating a variety of machines in the production and repair of precision parts using accurate measurements on both manual and automated equipment.
1. Operates at least one (1) type of precision production machine (either manual or CNC mill or lathe) safely and with consistent accuracy and productivity
- requiring minimal administrative supervision
- little to no technical supervision
- minimal rework
2. Operates at least one (1) other type of precision production machine safely and accurately
- requiring moderate supervision
- minimal rework
- Performs commonly associated tasks (including set-up and part inspection)
3. Performs tasks associated with jobs typical for assigned machine.
4. Checks previous work as well as work performed on machine.
5. Operates data collection terminal.
6. Performs basic layout work efficiently
- Hole location
7. Uses combination squares.
8. Uses various measurement tools:
- bore micrometers
- height gauge
- surface plate
- radius gages
- center punches
9. Uses math skills to solve common shop problems.
10. Observes all Company safety rules and works in a productive manner.
11. Maintains an organized work area.
12. Follows proper machine shop conduct.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Machinist A has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but should be willing to work with the supervisor and set a good example for other employees. Training for less experienced machinist is required.
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Work overtime as needed
- Use a tape measure, dial, calipers, and outside micrometers
- Use hand drills, hand tools, hoist and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Must have at least 3+ years of machine shop experience and/or vocational training operating CNC equipment and working with machining industry standards
- Understanding of the operation of vertical and horizontal band saws, table saw, drill presses, keyseater, hone hydraulic press, and surface grinder
- Math skills, including estimating, counting, and trigonometry
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Word)
- Effective communication, literacy and teamwork skills
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to read a blueprint
- Strong multitasking ability with proficiency for listening and retaining information
- Dependability in maintaining regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.