Technical Support Advisor - Bilingual
- 5224 Snapfinger Woods Dr, Decatur, GA 30035, USA
- Legal Entity: Kliklok Corporation a Syntegon company
Kliklok-Woodman, a subsidiary of Syntegon Technology (previously Bosch Packaging Technology) with its global headquarters based near Stuttgart, Germany. Syntegon Technology employs approximately 6,500 associates at 30 plus worldwide locations. Syntegon designs, develops and produces hi-tech packaging solutions (machines, systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food industries.
- Fielding calls from customers as needed; Resolves technical issues, troubleshoots problems for customers and follows up to ensure final resolution.
- Supports sales, engineering and service technicians, inhouse, and, at times, on-site with technical advice, materials and coordinated training.
- Work with installations on issues and see through to the end with customer completion / work with PM team.
- Pulls prints and schematics, checks availability of stock and provides technical support for service technicians in the field.
- Programs modules.
- Uses testing procedures, test equipment and follows test protocols to verify equipment functionality and viability.
- Details and documents test results.
- Reviews software and troubleshoots issues remotely with technicians and customers
- Uses merged reality tools if needed to assist virtually with the technicians and customers.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Submit to safety, background, and drug/alcohol testing as required by customer(s).
- Travel domestically and internationally approximately 5% when needed which requires valid license and passport.
- Communicate cross-culturally, specifically in Spanish and English
- Must possess a minimum of a 2+ year vocational or technical degree with an electronic, electromechanical, automation or engineering focus.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years experience in a technical customer support role within a manufacturing environment.
- Must possess bilingual fluency in Spanish and English both written and verbal.
- B.A. or B.S. degree is preferred.
- Food or capital equipment industry experience, desired.
- Mechanical / electrical systems knowledge preferred.
- Proven experience in custom equipment sales, applications, design, service or assembly.
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both written and oral, with all levels of an organization and with the customer.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics effectively.
- Strong customer service skills and focus.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate self initiative.
- Ability to handle tasks list and communicate accurately, to sales team and management.
- Strong proficiency with computers, including MS Office products, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Understands building and troubleshooting PCB’s.
- Experience with Soldering.
- Understanding of basic circuits design.
- Understands and has proven experience with DOS.
- Can create and follow circuit diagrams.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s.
- Experience with Yaskawa.
- Multi-lingual skills in other languages desired
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.