Director of Operations
- 5224 Snapfinger Woods Dr, Decatur, GA 30035, USA
- Legal Entity: Kliklok Corporation a Syntegon company
Kliklok LLC, a Sytnegon Company (previously Bosch Packaging Technology) with its global headquarters based near Stuttgart, Germany. Syntegon Technology employs approximately 6,500 associates at 30 plus worldwide locations. Syntegon designs, develops and produces hi-tech packaging solutions (machines, systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food industries.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Operations position is responsible to plan, organize and direct all planning, purchasing, production control, machine shop, welding, sheet metal, assembly, shipping, receiving, quality, lean, and facilities activities for Syntegon in Decatur, GA. The position oversees all activities involved in delivering company products to customers and will also coordinate the development of strategies and processes for the effective transfer of technology from sites, as needed. Responsibilities also include acting as the Site Coordinator for Lean Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) initiatives. This position is part of the Senior Management team.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Full responsibility to implement and maintain SQDC;
- Ensure Safety is our top priority and our processes and team are aligned with this mindset;
- Product quality;
- The on-time-delivery of machines and parts to both internal and external customers;
- Delivering targeted gross margins (parts and machines) through effective cost management;
- Customer satisfaction;
- Managing costs (increasing productivity, reducing costs, etc.) of the department;
- Driving company culture of Lean and Continuous Improvements of processes;
- Develop appropriate metrics and visual management system to drive self-directed culture;
- Driving the effective use of the ERP to drive Lean and CIP;
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement strategic objectives for Operations departments.
- Develop/implement ongoing operations model (make/buy, internal vs. contract labor, Lean, CIP, metrics, visual management, etc.)
- Develop overall budget for Operations and monitor expenses to ensure adherence to budget. Ensure financial planning and control procedures are in place to assure adequate control and provide a reliable means to measure financial and operational performance against business objectives.
- Plan, establish priorities, monitor progress and evaluate the results of Operations activities and projects.
- Manage, evaluate performance and develop employees within the Operations department. Coach, counsel, and maintain documentation on employees and perform other employee relations activities. Grow the team to create our future leaders.
- Ensure effective communication within Operations department on policies, procedures, processes, and general company information. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide a safe, clean, and professional working environment.
- Define quality standards and testing processes to assure parts and machinery are complete, functional and properly documented for shipment to the customer.
- Ensure accountability of operations employees to meet plan hours/cost and due dates to achieve project profitability and to continuously improve cost performance over time.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through on time delivery of goods and services and high quality manufacturing
- Responsible to ensure continuously improved processes and delivery of conforming quality products and services to internal/external customers. Works to coordinate and ensure resource availability.
- Actively involved in Lean CIP strategic planning and execution. Member of Lean CIP Management Steering Committee. Responsible for prioritizing and assigning Lean CIP activities to all direct reports. Use appropriate metrics and visual systems to drive efficiency and accountability.
- Ensure we exceed our sourcing savings plan through solid planning and execution of project plans and supplier management.
- Ensure machine shop is efficient and competitive to world-class standards.
- Will travel up to 10% which requires a valid state driver's license and valid passport
- Direct Line Management of Managers (with teams) and Supervisors
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 15+ years work experience in a low volume/ high mix manufacturing, operations leadership role with financial/ operational controls and continuous/lean process improvement responsibility
- An MBA a plus
- Past experience in the packaging industry with high speed equipment preferred
- Working knowledge of engineering, manufacturing practices, safety, quality, purchasing and materials management
- Lean certification a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials, parts, production, equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, and product specifications
- Past experience in developing and leading teams, leading departments, and managing/developing staff
- Strong culture change agent and team building skills
- Proven successful leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organizational/prioritization skills
- Team player; good facilitation and negotiation skills
- Customer-service orientation
- PC skills and experience using basic business software; knowledge of SAP preferred
- High Level of being data driven is a differential
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.