CNC Master Machinist
- 5224 Snapfinger Woods Dr, Decatur, GA 30035, USA
- Legal Entity: Kliklok Corporation a Syntegon company
Kliklok-Woodman, a subsidiary of Syntegon Technology (previously Bosch Packaging Technology) with its global headquarters based near Stuttgart, Germany. Syntegon Technology employs approximately 6,500 associates at 30 plus worldwide locations. Syntegon designs, develops and produces hi-tech packaging solutions (machines, systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food industries.
SUMMARY: The CNC Master Machinist is responsible for setting up, operating, and maintaining Machining equipment throughout the facility. This position is expected to perform all types of diversified machining operations to make completed parts from raw material with a quality of work ensuring close and exacting tolerances and finish requirements. The Machinist should be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with minimal supervision.
- From blueprint, determine and organize the sequence of operational procedures to make completed parts.
- Mount and secure tooling and tool holders or chucks on machinery and perform change-overs
- Set-up, adjust, and operate all machine shop equipment needed in the production of machine parts.
- Use precision measuring tools and procedures to maintain accuracy and quality of parts prior to releasing to assembly area.
- The Master Machinist is responsible for guiding and assisting others within their job classification. Acting as a section leader and willingness to assist others must be given (setting up, programming, running jobs). Training of less experienced machinist is required (one core function).
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Work overtime as needed
- Learn new machines and processes
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching, bending, squatting
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience operating CNC equipment including the ability to program/ edit, set-up and run machinery to specified tolerances
- Mastercam experience is highly desired
- Experience with working in a quick turn low volume manufacturing environment is preferred
- Understanding of mechanical blueprints and operation of machine tools
- Math skills, including estimating, counting, and trigonometry
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Word)
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to recognize errors and takes corrective action without guidance
- Aptitude for listening and retention
- Consistent attendance and punctuality
- Manual dexterity for use of hand drills, hand tools, hoist and power tools
- Dependability is critical
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.