Customer Support Representative
- 5224 Snapfinger Woods Dr, Decatur, GA 30035, USA
- Legal Entity: Syntegon Technology Services, Inc.
Syntegon is a leading global process and packaging technology provider. Formerly the packaging division of the Bosch Group, the company, headquartered in Waiblingen (Germany), has been offering complete solutions for the pharmaceutical and food industries for over 50 years. More than 6,100 employees at 30 locations in more than 15 countries generated a total revenue of 1.3 billion euros in 2018. The portfolio of intelligent and sustainable technologies includes stand-alone machines, as well as complete systems and services.
Welcome to Syntegon Technology Services!
Our industry leading Aftermarket services include Spare parts provision, Equipment Modernizations and world class technical Field Services. Our courteous, knowledgeable and customer focused representatives set the bar for proactive customer support and relationship building, meeting and exceeding our customers expectation for parts provisioning. Our modernization services range from standard technical upgrades to complete machine rebuilds. They are always in line with current safety regulations and draw on cutting-edge technology. We assist Customers in producing new packaging formats on upgraded machinery and in maintaining their existing line layouts. Our experts support customers on-site and help them to achieve increased durability, higher efficiency and improved availability. Our Field Service technicians offer excellence in equipment knowledge, striving and providing favorable, effective and efficient outcomes. Ultimately, our holistic approach can lead to an extended lifespan of the customer’s equipment and a maximization of their profitability.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? With us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Syntegon where Everyone Counts.
Position Summary: Primary responsibility is to interface with customers by phone, fax, email, or in person and to properly process customer requests. Evaluate, quote, process, and expedite those requests in such a manner as to ensure enhanced customer satisfaction while meeting company revenue and profit goals. Secondary responsibility is to assist with special projects, as needed.
- Receive and accurately process customer requests for parts by phone, fax, or email in a timely manner and within Company guidelines.
- Act as the liaison between our customers and our Centers of Competence, plants and third party suppliers.
- Identify and report inaccuracies in customer information, parts, pricing, as well as fulfilling quality management requirements using company software platforms.
- Assist with gathering market intelligence to secure and enhance market position.
- Create and maintain quick-reference Customer database for all key accounts
- Partner with the AR Department in an effort to resolve past due invoices
- Process repairs, returns and credit memos.
- Make recommendations to management concerning improvements to processes and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Responsibilities & Travel:
- No supervisory responsibilities
- Lift 25lbs on a regular basis as necessary
- Travel domestically and possibly internationally - less than 5% of the time
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of Customer Support and Inside Sales experience in a manufacturing environment communicating by phone and email to respond to customer requests and resolve issues
- Must have a minimum 2+ years of experience working with an ERP system
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years working with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Some college education at an accredited university preferred
- Experience reading technical documents and assembly drawings (BOM's, diagrams, blueprints or schematics)
- Experience with SAP highly desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function as a team player
- Able to thrive in a changing environment
- Sense of urgency to get the job done
- Well organized, demonstrates good time management and prioritization
- Problem solving and customer management experience.
- Self-motivated and show initiative
- Bi-lingual skills in Spanish is a plus
Syntegon is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.