Production Technician (entry-level)
- 90 Boroline Rd, Allendale, NJ 07401, USA
- Legal Entity: Syntegon Pharma Technology, Inc.
Syntegon Technology (previously Bosch Packaging) is one of the leading suppliers of process and packaging technology. At over 30 locations in more than 15 countries worldwide, a highly-qualified workforce develops and produces complete solutions for the pharmaceuticals, food, and confectionery industries. These solutions are complemented by a comprehensive after-sales service portfolio. A global service and sales network provides customers with local points of contact. Syntegon Technology operations globally and is responsible for the successful expansion of the service business in North America for Packaging Technology.
SUMMARY: This is an entry-level role which will support the production and assembly of manual (MIH) and semi-automated (VIS) inspection equipment for the pharmaceutical industry. This individual will report to the Design & Production Director and work closely with the production coordinator and production engineer in the assembly of this equipment.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by reviewing assembly instructions and assembly drawings.
- Assembly, adjustment, testing, quality review, packing and shipment of MIH/VIS
- FAT execution, disassembly, installation, troubleshooting of VIS equipment
- Report problems with parts and assemblies to design engineer.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Be aware of inventory and anticipating needed supplies and working with manager to ensure supplies are available.
- Document hours worked on production of manual inspection hoods and semi-automated inspection equipment.
- Assist with inspecting incoming materials for manufacturing defects
- Visit customer sites for installation of VIS equipment and modification of MIH equipment (10% travel).
- Lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks which require manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately.
- Responsible for tasks which require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must possess a minimum of a High School Diploma
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing assembly or machine shop environment
- Must be able to follow directions from manager and existing staff performing similar work
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.