Field Service Engineer
- Mansfield Rd, Derby, UK
- Legal Entity: Syntegon Technology Limited
The division Packaging Technology is one of the leading suppliers in the field of process and packaging technology. We develop and produce in future under a new holistic systems for the pharmaceutical, food and confectionery industries in over 15 countries.
We at Syntegon Technology are already developing sustainable overall solutions for the pharmaceutical and food industries. As an independent company, which emerged from the Bosch Group, 6100 experienced employees in over 15 countries are working to further expand our leading position as a supplier of process and packaging technology. Use your passion and commitment to contribute to a better quality of life around the world and to actively shape our future. Take the first step! Apply now!
Dual skilled for food packaging division covering the UK and Ireland. Specializing in primary food packaging. A fantastic opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for installations, commissioning and all aspects of service support for Syntegon Packaging equipment users.
Within area of operation, the Field Service Engineer will:
- Install and commission new packaging lines
- Running equipment in production environment to agreed specification level
- Carry out site acceptance tests on new equipment with responsibility for sign off.
- Recognize problems and their root cause across entire range of secondary packaging equipment
- Breakdowns and troubleshooting
- Training customer in routine maintenance and operation of Syntegon Packaging equipment.
- Provide routine maintenance and planned servicing of Syntegon Packaging equipment according to service agreements and schedules
- Assessment of maintenance needs and parts required to bring customers equipment up to satisfactory performance level
- Support product trials
- Working to a tight timescale to minimize downtime
- Advising customer of future maintenance programs and training
- Liaising with Syntegon engineers should modifications be required
- Resolve electrical, mechanical and software issues on range of equipment
- Identify root cause problems and resolve. If resolution is not possible liaise with engineering team and customer to determine solutions
- Detailed reporting following site visits
- Ongoing product training
- Working with own initiative and skills
- Manage customer expectations
Knowledge and Skills:
The jobholder will hold the following knowledge and skills:
- Experience in a previous field service role is desirable
- Packaging engineering and technical skills desirable
- Exposure to FMCG manufacturing industry – food and packaging would be an advantage
- Qualifications in Mechatronics, mechanical and electrical engineering
- Electrical engineering – full understanding of both modern and old control systems across a wide range of platforms, ability to follow schematics
Mechanical Engineering understanding including:
o Understanding correct methods of mechanical engineering from changing bearings to setting up machinery
o Adjusting high speed packaging machines to achieve optimum efficiency and high quality packages
o Ability to find and identify worn and damaged parts from assembly drawings
- Software controls engineering – in depth knowledge of PLC theory and implementation.
- Ability to fault find in complex software, , predominantly on RsLogix 5/500/5000, RS FactoryTalk View ME/SE, Simatic Step7, WinCC Flexible, Wonderware InTouch
- Understanding of motion controls, single and multi-axis for stepper or servo control
- Commercial awareness. Being able to spot opportunities, confidence to talk to the customer about products we can offer, before reporting to sales person
- An understanding of high level of customer service
- Ability to prioritize and work to challenging deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work remotely, with time away from home
- Full driving license
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year + public holidays
- Staff discount for various retailers including access to company benefits platform (Perkbox)
- Medical cash plan
- Life Assurance (7 x annual salary)
- Income protection
- An excellent opportunity to gain experience within a global company.