Field Service Technician - Automated Packaging Machinery (Anywhere, US)
- 5224 Snapfinger Woods Dr, Decatur, GA 30035, USA
- Legal Entity: Kliklok Corporation a Syntegon company
Kliklok-Woodman, a subsidiary of Syntegon Technology (previously Bosch Packaging Technology) with its global headquarters based near Stuttgart, Germany. Syntegon Technology employs approximately 6,500 associates at 30 plus worldwide locations. Syntegon designs, develops and produces hi-tech packaging solutions (machines, systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food industries.
Responsible for the installation, testing, analyzing, maintaining, repairing and training of Syntegon packaging equipment and associated products at customer sites. Primary focus is to provide customers with excellent technical customer service and ensure complete satisfaction. This position has a direct and significant impact on maintaining our customer base as well as growing new business for Syntegon Technology
- Provide field service repairs, training and installations as scheduled by Field Service department.
- Interact, support and assist the Product, Project and Sales departments with order review, design reviews, assembly, testing and final acceptance tests to become proficient with the control packages interface and integration
- Interact and assist Assembly and Quality Control personnel during machine assembly and testing / debug stages in preparation for machine shipment.
- Provide support to Customers, Customer Service department and Sales department as required
- Interact with Sales Managers / Project Managers on customer equipment needs and concerns and / or updates.
- Perform final machine acceptance inspections prior to machine shipment to verify equipment meets order specifications.
- Perform customer service site management for new equipment installations and / or existing machine install base projects.
- Maintain necessary machine configuration documentation during installation.
- Assist the Parts and Modernization departments with quoting electronic controls software and hardware upgrades and / or electrical component upgrades
- Provide updates and modifications to machinery at customer sites and training customers on use and maintenance of equipment.
- Train customers, internal technical personnel and sales support staff on proper operation, maintenance and safety rules of Syntegon packaging equipment, specifically on electronic controls and robotics
- Coordinate development activities and upgrades related to updating and improving machine functionality.
- Support all aspects of operating controls systems, equipment and machinery.
- Participate in continuous training, as needed, in order to maintain technical expertise and proficiency on new equipment and existing systems applications through internal training.
- Process detailed expense and trip reports on all service visits, in a timely fashion.
- Train Syntegon's and customer's personnel on applicable machinery when assigned.
- Occasionally, when assigned, provide accountability, as a site manager; directing the workload and tasks of field technicians, assembly and engineering personnel, and coordinating with customer and other contract / OEM site personnel.
- Work in tight quarters; on top and underneath equipment, stand, stoop, kneel and bend continuously (approx. 66% of the time)..
- Lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Submit to safety, background, and drug/alcohol testing as required by customer(s).
- Properly and appropriately don personal protective equipment.
- Will travel on a regular basis up to 90% which makes proximity to a major airport necessary in order to serve a specific customer base.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years of vocational training in Electromechanical Systems
- Must possess a minimum of 5+ years as a Field Service Engineer in the Packaging industry involved in designing, installing and troubleshooting electromechanical machinery.
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience working with Adobe and Microsoft Office tools specifically Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- An Electrical Engineering degree (AS or BS) is preferred
- Demonstrated advanced mechanical, electrical and software skills.
- Knowledge and experience with ladder logic as well as other machine control systems, software and hardware is preferred (Allen Bradley, Rexroth, Beckoff, and Yaskawa)
- Ability to support various software control platforms for complete packaging lines and experience with line integration and ability to discuss proper line balancing with customers.
- Proficiency in robotic vision systems, software and hardware configurations and production parameter setup.
- Strong oral and written skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, from production to management including ability to train customers with a professional display of information and be able to speak in front of groups from 6 to 20 personnel.
- Strong computer skills including ability to type 75+WPM
- Ability to manage time and work independently
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.