- 10900 Old Court Rd, Woodstock, MD 21163, USA
Strategix Management LLC (Strategix) is a management consulting firm focused on providing federal government agencies with innovative solutions to imagine, safeguard and develop a more connected and healthier world. We partner with our clients to modernize how they do business and serve their constituents. We listen to understand our customers’ real needs and offer real solutions.
The firm is a U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified 8(a) and Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with offices in the Washington, DC area.
By applying the team’s collective experience and expertise in management consulting with various local, state, federal and commercial organizations, the firm has experienced exceptional growth through a combination of our excellent reputation, superior client service and staff of talented professionals.
Strategix provides breakthrough solutions across our practice areas to the U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services, Defense, Labor, Education, Justice, Energy and Transportation to meet national and global priorities.
We work with clients that drive real-world change; our job is to partner and accelerate that change. The challenge and impact excite us.
Career Counselor Position
The Career Counselor works in the Counseling Department of the Woodstock Job Corps Center under the Counseling Supervisor. The Career Counselor conducts career technical/academic, social, and personal and career development coaching.
- Monday: 8 AM-5 PM
- Tuesday: 10 AM- 7 PM
- Wednesday: 11 AM- 8 PM
- Thursday: 11 AM-8 PM
- Friday: 9 AM- 6 PM
- Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values, company operating principles, Career Success Standards.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Ensures student case load meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible to provide students with comprehensive and individualized case management ensuring student progress, retention and completion of the Job Corps program. Establishes supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their enrollment and provides personal, educational and career counseling.
- Provides ongoing assessment of student progress in Academics, Career Technical, and Independent Living.
- Develops and updates student Personal Career Development Plans.
- Coordinates services for students (on-Center and off-Center) to ensure student retention and success in the program.
- Routinely evaluates and documents student performance using case management system.
- Contributes to the Center’s culture by treating students with care and respect, assisting students achieve personal and career goals, and ensuring students feel safe and welcomed during enrollment.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely, and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Bachelor’s degree (including at least 15 semester hours in Social Services-related instruction) from an accredited school required.
- A minimum of one year experience in counseling or related field. Prefer previous Job Corps or related program experience.
- Must possess a valid in-State Driver’s License and meet Company insurability requirements.
Why Our Work Matters
We partner with our customers to develop and deliver innovative services, solutions and technologies to meet our top national priorities. Our firm has partnered with some of the most influential commercial organizations and government agencies to provide mission critical and high priority solutions to the most challenging national and global issues. We partner with our customers to modernize how they do business and serve their constituents. At Strategix, we listen to understand our customers' real needs and deliver real solutions.
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)