Substitute Career Technical Training (CTT) Instructor
- 10900 Old Court Rd, Woodstock, MD 21163, USA
Strategix Management LLC (Strategix) is a management consulting firm focused on providing federal government agencies with innovative solutions to imagine, safeguard and develop a more connected and healthier world. We partner with our clients to modernize how they do business and serve their constituents. We listen to understand our customers’ real needs and offer real solutions.
The firm is a U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified 8(a) and Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with offices in the Washington, DC area.
By applying the team’s collective experience and expertise in management consulting with various local, state, federal and commercial organizations, the firm has experienced exceptional growth through a combination of our excellent reputation, superior client service and staff of talented professionals.
Strategix provides breakthrough solutions across our practice areas to the U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services, Defense, Labor, Education, Justice, Energy and Transportation to meet national and global priorities.
We work with clients that drive real-world change; our job is to partner and accelerate that change. The challenge and impact excite us.
The Substitute Career Technical Training (CTT) Instructor is an on-call, as-needed position. This position will report to the Career Technical Training Manager and be utilized to cover staff vacations, call outs, or vacancies in the Career Technical Training area at the Woodstock Job Corps Center.
The Substitute Career Technical Training Instructor is responsible for providing students with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in their designated area of instruction.
Woodstock Job Corps Center offers vocational training for the following careers:
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Office Administration
- Network Cable Installation
- Stationary Engineering
- Building Construction Technology
- Brick Masonry
- Provide students with instruction, direction and assistance in their designated area of instruction.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and records.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits.
- Coordinate with other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the shop and classroom; on a routine basis, inquire if individual students need assistance.
- Work cooperatively with each student’s counselor and career transition readiness specialist.
- Enter case notes into the CIS systems as required and in accordance with established timelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Monitor and document student records and progress.
- Provide strong customer service for both dependent and independent learners leading to trade completion.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Demonstrate and abide by the Company Core Values, company operating principles, Career Success Standards.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred: At least one year of instructional experience.
- Computer proficiency.
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence with an acceptable driving record.
- Preferred: Practical experience and knowledge in the subject/trade, along with the ability to transfer topical knowledge to meet specific learning objective.
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of methods needed to instill appropriate behavior as well as work and study habits in adolescent students; of housekeeping techniques and management; to read, comprehend, interpret, communicate and execute instructions or directives fluently in English.
Why Our Work Matters
We partner with our customers to develop and deliver innovative services, solutions and technologies to meet our top national priorities. Our firm has partnered with some of the most influential commercial organizations and government agencies to provide mission critical and high priority solutions to the most challenging national and global issues. We partner with our customers to modernize how they do business and serve their constituents. At Strategix, we listen to understand our customers' real needs and deliver real solutions.