- 10900 Old Court Rd, Woodstock, MD, United States
Strategix Management LLC (Strategix) is a management consulting firm focused on providing federal government agencies with innovative solutions to imagine, safeguard and develop a more connected and healthier world. We partner with our clients to modernize how they do business and serve their constituents. We listen to understand our customers’ real needs and offer real solutions.
The firm is a U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Certified 8(a) and Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with offices in the Washington, DC area.
By applying the team’s collective experience and expertise in management consulting with various local, state, federal and commercial organizations, the firm has experienced exceptional growth through a combination of our excellent reputation, superior client service and staff of talented professionals.
Strategix provides breakthrough solutions across our practice areas to the U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services, Defense, Labor, Education, Justice, Energy and Transportation to meet national and global priorities.
We work with clients that drive real-world change; our job is to partner and accelerate that change. The challenge and impact excite us.
The Academic Instructor is responsible for teaching basic education in math or reading, GED preparation and high school classes. Low staff to student ratios facilitate individualized learning.
- Demonstrate and abide by the Company Core Values, company operating principles, Career Success Standards.
- Develop curriculum and provide instruction in the designated area for students, using direct lessons as well as independent learning facilitation.
- Demonstrate a keen awareness of diverse learning styles and tailor instructional methodology to students using an array of teaching approaches.
- Assist students in developing testing skills and coping with test anxiety in preparation for GED and Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) tests.
- Motivate and counsel students in the areas of behavior, training and study habits.
- Relate academic skills to career and technical training and future workplace success.
- Work with other members of the student’s support team, including the career counselor, wellness nurse/disability coordinator, career and technical instructor, to provide wrap-around services for student success.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation, including case notes, attendance, student progress plans, and student evaluation forms.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Valid teaching license in the state of Maryland.
- Computer proficiency.
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence with an acceptable driving record.
- One year instructional experience preferred.
Why Our Work Matters
We partner with our customers to develop and deliver innovative services, solutions and technologies to meet our top national priorities. Our firm has partnered with some of the most influential commercial organizations and government agencies to provide mission critical and high priority solutions to the most challenging national and global issues. We partner with our customers to modernize how they do business and serve their constituents. At Strategix, we listen to understand our customers' real needs and deliver real solutions.
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)