- 204 Hampton Dr, Venice, CA 90291, USA
Since 1976, St. Joseph Center has been meeting the needs of low-income and homeless individuals and families in Venice, Santa Monica, Mar Vista, and surrounding communities. The Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community organization that assists people without regard for religious affiliation or lack thereof through comprehensive case management and integrated social service programs. The Center enjoys broad-based community support as well as a sponsored relationship with its founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. St. Joseph Center serves approximately 6,000 individuals annually.
Brief Description of Principal Activities
Multifaceted intervention, prevention, and education services are carried out at four sites on the Westside of Los Angeles. St. Joseph Center’s integrated programs provide clients with concentrated and coordinated access to services according to the nature of their needs.
Responsible for administrative duties to assist program staff to ensure documentation and outcomes are maintained and accurately reported in both internal databases and other Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) such as Clarity and CHAMP. Assists with data visualizations of program performance. Performs a variety of skilled administrative duties directly related to program management activities including data collection and database maintenance, generating and formatting reports for both in-house and funding entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support the agency’s data collection and monitoring processes so that agency’s data can continue to meet local and federal funders’ data standards.
- Understand data elements that are required for contractual reports, internal/external audits, and agency outcomes.
- Monitor and assist with data entered into multiple databases to ensure compliance with agency’s Record and Data Management Policy.
- Assist with updating content in Tableau Dashboards and troubleshooting any potential dashboard or data errors.
- Provide trainings to staff on database use and data entry best practices.
- Pull and build reports from various databases.
- Develop resources and other materials as needed to help teams better meet their outcomes and data entry requirements.
- Assist and complete data entry for clients and teams as needed.
- Audit digital files for accurateness and to ensure contractual compliance.
- Ensure integrity of data, verifying information regarding data quality and data completeness.
- Track and monitor client information in HMIS and other databases to ensure accuracy for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual contract reports.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Comply with requests for program data, coordinate completion of all reports and participate in preparation for program/contract audits as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to perform electronic data entry
- Experience with Tableau
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Detail-oriented to review information and ensure accuracy
- Ability to work with diverse population
- Love of data
- Experience providing services to persons experiencing homelessness is preferred
- Experience in providing technical support on data entry protocols preferred
- Experience in maintaining accurate client records and program rosters
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; a combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Tableau
- Ability to use widely supported internet browsers.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Valid automobile liability insurance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
Status: Full time/Exempt
Employment with St. Joseph Center is contingent on completion of satisfactory background check.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume. St. Joseph Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any category protected by law. All applicants for employment are invited to voluntarily self-identify their gender, race, ethnicity, and veteran status, by completing the EEO Information. Providing your EEO Information is voluntary and refusal to self-identify will not subject applicants to any adverse treatment. Similarly, applicants who do self-identify will not be subject to any adverse treatment based on the information they provide.
St. Joseph center invites you to review the current "EEO is The Law" poster as part of the application process. A link to the current poster is located here.