Program Manager - Outreach & Engagement Division
- 204 Hampton Drive, Venice, CA, United States
Since 1976, St. Joseph Center has been meeting the needs of low-income and homeless individuals and families in Venice, Santa Monica, Mar Vista, and surrounding communities. The Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community organization that assists people without regard for religious affiliation or lack thereof through comprehensive case management and integrated social service programs. The Center enjoys broad-based community support as well as a sponsored relationship with its founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. St. Joseph Center serves approximately 6,000 individuals annually.
Brief Description of Principal Activities
Multifaceted intervention, prevention, and education services are carried out at four sites on the Westside of Los Angeles. St. Joseph Center’s integrated programs provide clients with concentrated and coordinated access to services according to the nature of their needs.
The Program Manager serves as a team leader providing supervision to program staff as well as overseeing day-to-day operations of the program. The Program Manager ensures the delivery of quality care in accordance to the rules and regulations established by the Los Angeles Department of Mental Health for contracted agencies as well as adhering to the mission of St. Joseph Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Manager’s key areas of responsibility include:
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Along with the Director, develop, review, and revise, as necessary all administrative policies and procedures in keeping with program requirements.
- Consult regularly with the executive team regarding quality control issues to maintain the highest standard of services.
- Ensure the development of cooperative relationships with other service providers, police and public safety officers and/or any other community resources.
- Provide supervision to the C3 Team.
- Along with the Director, create a program budget and monitor spending during the fiscal year.
- Assist with consultation on assessment, crisis intervention, mental health, and case management services to program staff.
- Ensure that billing and all client-related documentation are completed in accordance with DMH and agency standards and protocols.
- Assist with collecting statistics and preparing reports for funders and internal agency use.
- Participate in appropriate contract related meetings.
- Participate in other St. Joseph Center community, administrative, and fundraising activities as necessary.
- May be dispatched via county-wide 211 referral system as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to communicate with and relate to a diverse group of people including clients, community, and other staff. Must have excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise professional and para-professional staff while handling multiple tasks and relating to diverse groups.
- Post two years licensure as an LMFT or LCSW in the state of California.
- Two years minimum management and supervisory experience.
- Experience providing mental health and substance use services in a community setting with homeless or at risk population.
- Degree from an accredited college or university in social work, human services or a related field.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to use widely supported internet browsers.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Valid automobile liability insurance.
Status: Full time/Exempt
Employment with St. Joseph Center is contingent on completion of satisfactory background check.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume. St. Joseph Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. All applicants for employment are invited to voluntarily self-identify their gender, race, ethnicity, and veteran status, by completing the EEO Information. Providing your EEO Information is voluntary and refusal to self-identify will not subject applicants to any adverse treatment. Similarly, applicants who do self-identify will not be subject to any adverse treatment based on the information they provide.
St. Joseph center invites you to review the current "EEO is The Law" poster as part of the application process. A link to the current poster is located here.