Administrative Assistant - Housing & Mental Health Division
- 12420 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066, USA
Since 1976, St. Joseph Center has been meeting the needs of low-income and homeless individuals and families in Venice, Santa Monica, Mar Vista, and surrounding communities. The Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community organization that assists people without regard for religious affiliation or lack thereof through comprehensive case management and integrated social service programs. The Center enjoys broad-based community support as well as a sponsored relationship with its founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. St. Joseph Center serves approximately 6,000 individuals annually.
The administrative assistant works as a team member with several social service professional and paraprofessional staff performing administrative duties and provides support to program staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant’s key areas of responsibility and duties include:
- Perform administrative duties and provide support to program manager
- Provide general program support to program staff, as directed by supervisor
- Perform clerical duties to include but are not limited to computer tasks, faxing, mailing, filing, and copying
- Assist in the organization of client files
- Arranges conference calls and meetings, and notifying all appropriate parties
- Assists in the coordination and set-up of scheduled meetings
- Create and modify Word/Excel documents as directed
- Performs data entry related tasks
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to communicate with and relate to a diverse group of people including clients, community, and other staff. Must have excellent organizational skills and the capability to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines while producing high quality work
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with various personalities, displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Meticulous organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and exceptional phone presence with the ability to view the calendar from the executive director’s perspective
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to use widely supported internet browsers
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Valid automobile liability insurance.
Employment with St. Joseph Center is contingent on completion of satisfactory background check.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume. St. Joseph Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. All applicants for employment are invited to voluntarily self-identify their gender, race, ethnicity, and veteran status, by completing the EEO Information. Providing your EEO Information is voluntary and refusal to self-identify will not subject applicants to any adverse treatment. Similarly, applicants who do self-identify will not be subject to any adverse treatment based on the information they provide.
St. Joseph center invites you to review the current "EEO is The Law" poster as part of the application process. A link to the current poster is located here.
Veteran Friendly Employer