Representative payee Support Specialist
- 204 Hampton Dr, Venice, CA 90291, USA
Since 1976, St. Joseph Center has been meeting the needs of low-income and homeless individuals and families in Venice, Santa Monica, Mar Vista, and surrounding communities. The Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community organization that assists people without regard for religious affiliation or lack thereof through comprehensive case management and integrated social service programs. The Center enjoys broad-based community support as well as a sponsored relationship with its founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. St. Joseph Center serves approximately 6,000 individuals annually.
Brief Description of Principal Activities
Multifaceted intervention, prevention, and education services are carried out at four sites on the Westside of Los Angeles. St. Joseph Center’s integrated programs provide clients with concentrated and coordinated access to services according to the nature of their needs.
- Homeless Service Center
- Chronic Homeless Initiatives
- Bread and Roses Café
- Housing Services
- Senior Services
- Monetary Advisory Program
- Veterans Representative Payee Program
- First 5 LA Project
Prevention and Education Services
- Family Center and Food Pantry
- Culinary Training Program
- Early Learning Center
The Representative Payee Support Specialist works as a team member with several social service professional and paraprofessional staff ensuring the delivery of quality care as well as adhering to the mission of St. Joseph Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Representative Payee Support Specialist, Monetary Advisory Program (MAP) key areas of responsibility include:
The Representative Payee Support Specialist serves as a leader for the representative payee team ensuring administrative support and office oversight, as well as the delivery of quality care and running day to day operations related to representative payee services that the program provides.
- Answer calls placed to MAP main number.
- Retrieve, sort, open date-stamp and distribute MAP client mail to case managers.
- Oversee individual clients’ account reconciliations; Prepare MAP client balances on a regular basis.
- Issue weekly consumer checks by computer according to requests from case managers.
- Prepare, obtain, and oversee the flow of cash for clients that are unable to receive paper checks.
- Disburse client checks when case managers are unavailable.
- Prepare consumer benefit checks for deposit in representative payee account and make the deposit.
- Reconcile MAP bank account on a monthly basis.
- Communicate with landlords as rental payment issues come up to ensure timely rent payments.
- Communicate with vendors (i.e. cable, gas company, Public Storage) to resolve issues with clients’ payments as they come up.
- Interface daily with One West online banking software Positive Pay.
- Process checks for clients’ rent, bills, and expenses – monthly, weekly, and on an emergency basis.
- Confirm and input US Treasury / SSA client direct deposits in QuickBooks; prepare ledgers for annual SSA reports.
- Process supply orders.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will be assigned every duty and responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Must have the ability to communicate with and relate to a diverse group of people including clients, community, and other staff.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the capability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail. Possess strong verbal and written communication.
- Great problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Ability to exercise mature and professional judgement.
Previous office experience in a fast-paced setting.
Experience working with homeless, mentally disabled and individuals with substance abuse issues is desirable.
High School Diploma or equivalent
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge and experience of QuickBooks software.
- Ability to use widely supported internet browsers.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Valid automobile liability insurance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.