STCU is a growing regional organization rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners committed to working hard, with a fun-loving attitude and a desire to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off—plus 11 paid holidays!
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Training and career development
- Success sharing plan
- 401(k) matching contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
An overview of the benefits can be found here.
Salary range: $20.00 - $27.48 per hour
The Teller position will engage in serving members accurately and efficiently with stated and unstated needs while providing unparalleled service with financial direction, offering appropriate products, and service referrals.
Core Job Requirements/Outcomes
- Protect the integrity and confidentiality of our membership by identifying members/account ownership to ensure proper access is upheld. Perform transactional duties to serve members with high accuracy in accordance with credit union policies and procedures as well as adhering to STCU’s balancing standards and proper dual control.
- Deepen member relationships by presenting and explaining credit union products and services to members that meet the members financial needs through positive interactions.
- Exceed service expectations by creating unparalleled member experiences and excellence with every interaction, taking ownership of issues and challenges, increasing member loyalty, and delivering on our Here for Good brand promise.
Other Essential Functions
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of all credit union products and services to deepen member relationships.
- Responsible for learning the core skills of the position, along with continuously learning, staying current on regulatory, policy and procedure changes.
- Proactively and efficiently resolve issues/problems with member accounts.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Job Experience: Minimum six months customer service in a retail or customer service environment with recent cash handling experience.
Software Skills: Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams.
Physical Demands: Must be able to regularly talk, hear and operate a computer, keyboard and mouse and occasionally lift, pull/push and carry up to 25 pounds with accommodations.
Work Conditions: Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting. Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Travel Demands: May be asked to travel to other STCU locations.
Please review our website for more information at stcu.org/careers.