Member Service Representative
- 202 W Walnut St, Newport, WA 99156, USA
STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and have been named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and want to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health Plan – Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Programs
- Credit Union-wide semi-annual success sharing plan
Based in Liberty Lake, WA, STCU is a member-owned credit union with more than $2.6 Billion in total assets. With 21 branches in Eastern Washington and North Idaho, STCU serves more than 174,000 members. Learn more at www.stcu.org.
The Member Service Representative engages with and serves new and existing members through an interactive, consultative process that deepens relationships and member loyalty with STCU. Team Members in this role provide financial direction to assist members in meeting their current and future financial goals with the appropriate products and/or services, and is accountable for delivering an Unparalleled member experience by providing efficient and accurate service in teller and member service functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of one year experience in a financial institution working as a Teller, new accounts representative or loan officer.
- Demonstrated proficiency at an STCU branch may be considered in lieu of experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have both teller and new accounts/loan officer experience.
- Previous consultive sales experience may be considered in lieu of financial institution experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to deepen relationships with members.
- Notary license required.
- A passion for people and a commitment to service.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with members and staff in a tactful and
- Ability to solve complex problems, make practical and timely decisions and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgement in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate complex and diverse information.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key calculator.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to regularly see, talk, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Highly interactive environment, requires the ability and desire to actively engage members.
- May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule and overtime.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review our website for the complete job description and apply today at www.stcu.org/careers.