Consumer Loan Officer I (Bilingual - Spanish)
- 1620 N Signal Dr, Liberty Lake, WA 99019, USA
- Employees can work remotely
STCU is a growing regional organization rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners committed to working hard, with a fun-loving attitude and a desire to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off—plus 10 paid holidays!
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible schedules and remote-work opportunities
- Training and career development
- Success sharing plan
- 401(k) matching contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
**This position requires that you are bilingual in Spansh.
The Consumer Loan Officer I is primarily responsible for assisting both existing and new members to originate consumer loans including auto, boat, RV, unsecured, MasterCard and home equity loans. This position also seeks opportunities to bring existing loans over to STCU, as well as cross-selling payment protection and GAP.
Loan Product Origination and Production
- Assist members with inquiries from multiple delivery channels accurately, timely and in alignment with job standards and procedures. This includes auto, boat, RV and home equity loans working directly with members and Lending Center loan officers.
- Perform loan origination duties to include input of member information into SAIL; Coordinate with the Lending Center loan processors for the processing, closing and/or funding of all auto-decisioned loans.
- Submit non auto-decisioned loans to STU for approval.
- Seek out opportunities to assist members with bringing loans over to STCU.
- Organize loan turn-around time and credit decision deadlines to meet the member's needs and maximize production.
- Provide ancillary credit union product information to members and present the benefits of coverage in a knowledgeable and thorough manner.
- Responsible for meeting all department expectations regarding loan production, phone availability and the cross-selling of payment protection, GAP and rescued loans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in consumer lending for a financial institution.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a customer service, call center or sales related position.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008 is required.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in keyboarding/PC and 10-key calculator.
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.